• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need to wrap a trailer on the cheap for 2 days use

datoshway

I have a client who needs a full wrap for a 2 day event, the trailer is a POS and has rivets. They do not want to spend alot, what do you guys think about just doing it with a calendered vinyl. Do you think it can look ok for 2 days use?

Letterbox Mike

I'd bite the bullet and just do it in regular wrap vinyl. Going to a cheaper vinyl will save them in material, but it'll make the install labor significantly harder, the finished product won't look amazing, and you'll regret it when the time comes to remove it. If nothing else, just the removal labor will more than offset the additional cost of the material.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, I don't get it.

You have a customer which wants approximately.... $2,500 to $3,000 worth of work performed, but because it's for two days, he wants it......... c h e a p er ??

Just because I'm gonna eat a huge lobster meal and the finest wines, crap it out in a few hours.... is reason to get it cheaper than going to Burger King's ??

A product is what it is. You can cut corners on material and make your life miserable, but what for ??

If someone wants cheap lettering, they basically can't order top of the line kinda graphics. Sure, you might be able to finagle 10% or 15%, but like mentioned.... you still have to go through the process and possibly with some extra elbow grease or aggravation. Think about it before you just give the guy a cheap quote and paint yourself in a corner.

signage

Gino I would have thought you would have said I want a drink of Bushmills for the price of water!:rolleyes::Big Laugh

Letterbox Mike

He says the trailer is a POS, so I'm going to guess the screws are probably rusted in place. I've yet to meet an old trailer that you can get all of the screws out of. New trailers, yes, pull them out, wrap with calendered, even a low-tack removable calendered, put screws back in and be done. Chances are the screws are rusty and are not removable, meaning he's going to have to wrap over them. Calendered is going to make that miserable and the end result is going to look less than amazing. And, like I said, unless you use a removable calendered, it's going to be a nightmare to remove.

DRPSignsNGrafix

I'd use Calendered non permenant vinyl. It will be fine, I used it all the time on race trailers for a full wrap that was coming off at the end of the summer to get a new one done for the next season. It looked good and held up fine. For your 2 day need. Go for it. Will look even better if it's screws you can remove.

royster13

Did you ask your client how much they want to spend? You could be "spinning your wheels" top find a solution for a project they can not afford....

SignManiac

Okay, I don't get it.

You have a customer which wants approximately.... $2,500 to $3,000 worth of work performed, but because it's for two days, he wants it......... c h e a p er ??

Just because I'm gonna eat a huge lobster meal and the finest wines, crap it out in a few hours.... is reason to get it cheaper than going to Burger King's ??

A product is what it is. You can cut corners on material and make your life miserable, but what for ??

If someone wants cheap lettering, they basically can't order top of the line kinda graphics. Sure, you might be able to finagle 10% or 15%, but like mentioned.... you still have to go through the process and possibly with some extra elbow grease or aggravation. Think about it before you just give the guy a cheap quote and paint yourself in a corner.

I'm with Gino on this all the way.

slappy

OMG! You did just go there!

That is great! No wonder i :loveya: you! I'd trademark that if i was you!:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

datoshway

Thanks everyone, wrapped it today, took out the star screws throughout, wrapped is in Arlon Calendered. Looks mint.