• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

needle broke and hit me in the face, nice little cut from it. go figure.

binki

Cut my lip. I wear glasses and when operating the merrow machine I also wear magnifying goggles so I can see better. The needle normally stays in place when breaking because it has the thread in the eye but this time it snapped right off and hit me in the lip with a nice little cut.

This has been a feisty little beast since we got it. Just add one more thing to watch out for with it :covereyes:

WildWestDesigns

I've had my fair share of needles flying. You are right, most of the time they do stay in place, but every now and then a tip will go flying. Just depends on where/how it breaks.

Suz

Binki,

Thanks for the reminder to protect your eyes and face!!! We think only about fingers sometimes, and I've never sewn over one of mine. However, certain family members have done that many times. Ouchie!!!!

By the way, I used to work for a guy who got his necktie stuck in the shredder. An employee saw what was happening and shut the thing off before it swallowed him alive. LOL! Really, this happened. Funny because he was okay, not so funny if he'd died right there innocently "shredding" :omg:

binki

I don't wear jewelry in the shop and am careful around the machines. This was just a reminder to be more careful.