• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

nesting in flexi 8.5v1

S. Sexton

Im having a problem nesting in flexi 8.5v1. I have 9 files that I put in production manager. Im able to nest them all and open them in job properties. no problem up to this point. The media default is set on 65" when I change to 54" it takes all the files and tiles them to fill all unused space. I have been in setup properties and changed everything there.
There should be a way to nest without tiling the files?

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you:frustrated:
Steve

S. Sexton

i have tried flip them in each file before nesting no help. after they are nested i can turn them but then i need to line up all the tiles.

SignsOfMaine

can you get it to detect media width before trying to nest, or maybe set the default temporarily to the smaller width?

My experience with nesting is that it´s sometimes very stupid how it decides to orient things, but that´s in versaworks not flexi. Maybe flexi uses a better algorithm. But I end up just nesting manually sometimes to get max efficiency.

S. Sexton

can you get it to detect media width before trying to nest, or maybe set the default temporarily to the smaller width?

My experience with nesting is that it´s sometimes very stupid how it decides to orient things, but that´s in versaworks not flexi. Maybe flexi uses a better algorithm. But I end up just nesting manually sometimes to get max efficiency.

I have tried setting the default to a smaller width. same thing happens

Maybe some one from flexi will chime in