• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Network setup missing in menu on GS6000

tollerdad

Came in after the weekend and could not get the GS6000 to connect. Went into the menu to check network setup and ip address and the network setup option is missing?? It just disappeared. Inplugged it, ran nozzle checks. Waiting for Epson to respond with something new to try.

ProWraps

if its like the mutohs there is an option in the menu to choose what menu selections are available. pretty stupid, but its there.

considering its made by mutoh i would assume thats the problem. something got wiped out either trough a user or just because.

randya

I think ProWraps is on the right track.
Check the top menu structure for some thing like "Options".
Or just look through them until you see a set of menus with check boxes that turn the options on in the "Set Up" menu.

Check IP, etc.

Mutoh's have the ability to remove options from the main set up to keep some people from accidentally changing primary settings.

A voltage spike or brownout may be responsible for your loss.

Last edited:

tollerdad

Epson netconfig does not see it. The actual network setup selection on the printer menu is missing. It used to be a choice and now it is gone.

Case

If the ethernet doesn't have a green light next to it on the back of the printer and network will not show up after turning on and off, then the ethernet port on the epson is out and needs to be replaced.....

You can install the Epson driver from their website and run via USB in the meantime until you get it repaired....

Case

tollerdad

The board was bad and replaced by placing a service call. The board is less than 90 days since it was replaced for another issue so it should be under warranty.

tollerdad

The board was replaced and we are running again. Still having issues with the printer stopping in the middle of prints, especially large ones. All firmware and rip udates are done and still have that issue. The printer just stops and resets and the rip says printer not ready "Cancel Print"? We have had this issue for a long time and I don't read much about it from others. Could it be our network unable to handle large files?