• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Never Used This Before............................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We're doing a truck at the moment and have decided using 3M 1080 non-visible air release might be the way to go for some of the lettering areas because of all the rivets. This is really meant for ColorChange projects, but we'd like to cut letters out of it. Will it cut the letters and not chew the corners while twisting and turning ?? The letters are all about 17" tall and just block style. No fanciness to them. The phone number is about 6" tall.

Any ideas if this will cut well ?? My best pricing is on the 3M over Oracal or Avery.

:thankyou: Gino

ThatGuy

3M 1080 works great for this. Here is 1 example.

Attachments

• Loftys12.jpg
    Loftys12.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 346
  • Loftys18.jpg
    Loftys18.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 347

ExecuPrintGS

works great, just do a few cut tests before sending the whole job. Pressure settings will be a little different compared to regular cast vinyls.

Dennis422

Avery 900 RS EZ would be another option.
Air release, repositionable and I believe cheaper than a color change films.

gabagoo

It works well, the only thing I dont like about using it is that the premask does not really stick well to the liner and can curl, so be careful how you store it before application..or staple the corners

jfiscus

Rap Master
3M solid colors are in 180MC (instead of 180c) now, is it a color that is not available in that series? The 1080 is a bit thicker than 180, so it will be a bit more of a hassle over rivets, etc, but does a better job at being a "block out" material.

pjfmeister

We cut some large script out of the Oracal 970RA version of color change today and it worked great. Turned the speed down and the pressure up and it cut and weeded better than I anticipated.

d fleming

Have a job tomorrow using 180c gold metallic for cut letters. Repeat customer, medium sized fleet of heavy equipment. Stuff does great.

tdupster

We're doing a truck at the moment and have decided using 3M 1080 non-visible air release might be the way to go for some of the lettering areas because of all the rivets. This is really meant for ColorChange projects, but we'd like to cut letters out of it. Will it cut the letters and not chew the corners while twisting and turning ?? The letters are all about 17" tall and just block style. No fanciness to them. The phone number is about 6" tall.

Any ideas if this will cut well ?? My best pricing is on the 3M over Oracal or Avery.

:thankyou: Gino
All by using 3M 1080 gloss black, and the amount of time just weeding the product was a pain in the.... Lol. But definitely great vinyl to work with

2537784643a02f3ce08390de88ae208d.jpg

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

d fleming

Yes, weeding and taping it are a pita but it lays and stays great.

Attachments

• 1959841_748982508448190_1278556532_n.jpg
    1959841_748982508448190_1278556532_n.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 217

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wanted to give an update. The 1080 worked perfectly for us. It cut swimmingly, weeded without any problems and went down with application tape and we put each and every rivet down without any hassles.

Thanks for all the help. :thumb:

Johnny Best

Wanted to give an update. The 1080 worked perfectly for us. It cut swimmingly, weeded without any problems and went down with application tape and we put each and every rivet down without any hassles.

Thanks for all the help. :thumb:

Like you always say: "We like happy endings".