• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New aluminum big sqeegee= wow!

bigben

So I got my BS stolen on a job site and the next day, I've contacted Dale to know when the new aluminum model would be available. Within a day or two, I was able to make my purchase. I've bought the 60in kit with all the accessory. It took around 2 weeks to get here in Canada via USPS and I had the chance to try it out today.

wow! That thing is a whole new tool. Now instead to bring my lage BS, I just bring this 3 parts and put it together. The handles are a big plus and the roll holder is a very nice thing. Dale was super in the communication and I'm almost glad that my original BS have been stolen.

Thanks Dale for this new improved tool!

reQ

Yup, thinking of upgrading myself. Plus with a 30% off code its awesome. Was wondering, when you make a large squeegee from 3 smaller ones, does it create a void line between connections with felt? Would it create a line with air when laminating for example?

2B

Yup, thinking of upgrading myself. Plus with a 30% off code its awesome. Was wondering, when you make a large squeegee from 3 smaller ones, does it create a void line between connections with felt? Would it create a line with air when laminating for example?

wondering the same thing, I was unable to see an example of them connected on the site.

skyhigh

what would be your guess, as to what the thief is using your old BS for?

perhaps????

Attachments

• gutter-downspout-extensions-01lg.jpg
    gutter-downspout-extensions-01lg.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 437

mameighan

so if you buy a full set does it come with all the attachments etc? handle, extensions...

also what is the advantage/disadvantage of buying the thicker or thinner felt? Would it not be better to go with the thicker one so it can be used on the occasional rougher surface that you might encounter?

phototec

so if you buy a full set does it come with all the attachments etc? handle, extensions...

also what is the advantage/disadvantage of buying the thicker or thinner felt? Would it not be better to go with the thicker one so it can be used on the occasional rougher surface that you might encounter?

I'm pretty sure the thicker felt edge is for rough surfaces like corrugated and rivets, the thinner felt is for smooth surfaces and laminating.

It would have been nice it the new tools had a reversible edge, that could be turned over so you would have either option.

Overall, looks like Dale has hot a home run with his new aluminum Big Squeegee.

akfoy

What is the 30% off code? We have an original one that has been great and looking to get another one

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Even though the squeegees will join together, that is not the best way to use them on every job. We also make the aluminum squeegees in all the sizes of the original laminator tool. If you want it for laminating, choose a size that does not have to be joined. The ability to join the tools is just one of the features of the new tool. It is not intended to be a one size fits all solution.

The aluminum squeegee is very stiff and straight. If you have a flat table, the thin edge will work best. The application edge is very thin so it will peel the backing off better on thin backed vinyl. The roll holder attachment may be used to help strip off the thin plastic backing on some laminates. If your table is not flat, the thicker tip can help fill the dips.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
New video and instructions

wondering the same thing, I was unable to see an example of them connected on the site.
I've made some changes to the website and ordering.
1. Lower prices. Note that the discount codes no longer work. The prices listed are at our rock bottom price. May change depending on volume ordered at this price. Lower volume, larger price.
2. The ordering is set up so that each item can be ordered separately. Now, instead of a standard set, you will be able to order any combination of tools and attachments to fit the requirements of your shop.
3. The thick tip option has been eliminated . We are planning to add replaceable and reusable application tips in the next few months. The time element is depending on sales volume and feedback. Tell me what you would like the replaceable tips to do.
4. A web page has been added to illustrate the assembly of the aluminum tools for the longer lengths. bigsqueegee.com/howto.html
5. Added video:

[video=youtube;VrQ1o3cZ6Y0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrQ1o3cZ6Y0[/video]

The take up roll is still in the planning phase and may be offered as a set of inserts to fit into the ends of a used vinyl core.

kheebl

I've made some changes to the website and ordering.
1. Lower prices. Note that the discount codes no longer work. The prices listed are at our rock bottom price. May change depending on volume ordered at this price. Lower volume, larger price.
2. The ordering is set up so that each item can be ordered separately. Now, instead of a standard set, you will be able to order any combination of tools and attachments to fit the requirements of your shop.
3. The thick tip option has been eliminated . We are planning to add replaceable and reusable application tips in the next few months. The time element is depending on sales volume and feedback. Tell me what you would like the replaceable tips to do.
4. A web page has been added to illustrate the assembly of the aluminum tools for the longer lengths. bigsqueegee.com/howto.html
5. Added video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrQ1o3cZ6Y0 The take up roll is still in the planning phase and may be offered as a set of inserts to fit into the ends of a used vinyl core.

So If I was to order the 64" aluminum laminator tool is it 1 piece or multiple sizes that attach together?

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
So If I was to order the 64" aluminum laminator tool is it 1 piece or multiple sizes that attach together?
You will get what you order. A 64" tool is 1 piece 64" long. If you want it in more pieces then you will need to order the lengths you want to add up to 64" plus the bar sets that link them together.

rossmosh

Anyone know what's going on with Dale? Sent him a couple of emails without a response. Kind of need one of these yesterday but I don't want to order if he's not around...

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Anyone know what's going on with Dale? Sent him a couple of emails without a response. Kind of need one of these yesterday but I don't want to order if he's not around...
Yes, I'm around. Just found one of your emails in my junk folder.:Oops: An order today will go out tomorrow.

Tim Aucoin

Just ordered a 38" aluminum. I've always been a huge fan of the Big Squeegee (as Dale knows), and I'm looking forward to trying out this new model. Thanks Dale! :smile:

2B

for those who have used the original (plastic) and the new (aluminum) what is the difference?

when you tile the new aluminum together is there any issue from the connection seam?

does the discount code also work on the aluminum tools? Dale's signature says for plastic tools

bigben

for those who have used the original (plastic) and the new (aluminum) what is the difference?

when you tile the new aluminum together is there any issue from the connection seam?

does the discount code also work on the aluminum tools? Dale's signature says for plastic tools

I have used both. For masking or install vinyl on a board, there is no difference except the aluminium is easier to work with due to the light weight. But for lamination, the seems can show up. For that case, I use my plastic version.