• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New business need help

felipedelgado

Hello, I need help.
I have 3 years selling printing products, promotional and large format.
I buy everything with different companies to broker price. all from my house I am interested in opening to the public in a small place to start and I want to buy my own equipment for printing, banners, vinyl t shirts mostly, my question is:.. What is better, the printer along with its cutter or separate? I have two options Roland VP-540i new for $ 10k Used or latex 310 + hp c6000 graphtec for $ 16k again how necessary is the laminator to begin? Thanks

Snydo

I vote for two separate machines...as they potentially can both be making you money at the same time. Not to mention a dedicated cutter is typically going to perform much better than a hybrid printer.

As for lamination, if google hasn't failed me, your in Texas and if you sell anything for outdoor use my guess is it will be well faded 12 months out. If most of your work is small piece stuff you may be able to get away with hand laminating with a Big Squeegee or some such tool until you can justify a laminator purchase.

Best of luck on your endeavor.

Craig Sjoquist

Don't waste ya money on hardware & keep subbing out cut, print, making, installing.

Learn all ya can about designing advertising etc. & put ya money into software & education & computer & be the best of the best.

Hardware changes so fast that ya never will be able to keep up unless ya doing huge volume to keep paying for it & by the time ya do printing will be old school.

Excellent design will always be the leader & costs will be more stable.