Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Cpu Deals?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by MAB SIGNS, Feb 3, 2007.

1. MAB SIGNS

MAB SIGNS Very Active Member

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm shopping for a new CPU to replace one of my design/plot computers. Anyone seen any unbelievable deals this week?

Mark

Tags:
  2. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    If thats all your gonna use it for get an off the shelf DELL for about $550.00

Model GT5224 - Office Depot - Picked one up last week to use as our cash register for QuickBooks . . .

That's all we use it for [Dedicated] and it's lightning fast . . . !

3. Sign Prophet

Sign Prophet Member

Jan 5, 2007
    Dell outlet.com, Great deals. I purchased my design computer there. I recommemed it to everyone.

4. cinemasign.grafix

cinemasign.grafix Member

Aug 14, 2005
    Precision 470
    (System Identifier: EJPRJFW7)

Precision Workstation 470 Desktop: Intel Xeon Processor 3.20GHz, 1MB L2 Cache
    Genuine Windows XP Pro
    System Price : $759.00

Operating System
    Genuine Windows XP Pro
    Memory
    2 GB DDR2 ECC SDRAM 400MHz (4 DIMMs)
    Floppy Drive
    1.44 MB Floppy Disk Drive
    Hard Disk Drive
    80 GB EIDE Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
    Video
    64MB nVidia Quadro NVS 280 DVI
    Scratch & Dent
    Scratch & Dent
    Base
    Precision Workstation 470 Desktop: Intel Xeon Processor 3.20GHz, 1MB L2 Cache
    Media Bay
    16X DVD +/- RW w/dbl layer write capability
    Software
    Power DVD Software
    Operating System Software CD
    Misc
    All SATA Hard Drives, No RAID
    USB Keyboard
    Shipping Material
    USB 2 Button Mouse
    Hyper-Threading Preset To ON

5. weaselboogie

weaselboogie Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Us
    Dell outlet is great, but go to Dell's Off lease program.

I just bought a 3.4ghz p4, 512mb ram, cd-rw, optiplex gx270 for $319

www.dfsdirectsales.com

These are under 2 years old, corporate used, very clean. Comes with xp cd , mouse, keyboard, reformated, 30 day warranty and that's it. Nothing else, no manuals or anything. I checked mine out, reinstalled xp fresh. Works great. Thought that was a good deal.

A year ago, I lucked out on dell's outlet section and got a 3.6ghz, 2gb ram, 128mb video, dvd-rw, cd-rw, soundblaster sound card and a Dual 160GB Raid drive...... $500 (a year ago! believe that?)

I LOVE dells. I have boughten 4 of them all Refurbs or off lease. The oldest one is 7 years old and the only thing I replaced is the hard drive. I always turn them on, make sure everything is ok and then reformat and reinstall xp, gets rid of all that support crap and free offers and junk programs that you don't need.

You've got to watch these sites for a week or two at a time (several times daily). There's a lot of overpriced stuff on there, but when you see something good, you jump on it.