• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New customer he is just starting off

Des6139

What ya think

Attachments

• IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 133

thesignguy1986

I don't think it looks terrible or anything though I don't like the way where the letters extend they arn't really at a sharp point and more squared looking end to me. Also whats with the color above the e? I mean it's a pretty simple vehicle lettering but not terrible by any means I've seen some bad ones.

Joe Diaz

I too don't think it's bad, but I can't help but notice the resident evil font choice. I don't think the average person will notice. Although I'm sure there is a very small percentage of people who notice things like fonts and also watch/play resident evil.:Big Laugh

SignManiac

I'm sure he got paid, but it isn't always about the money if you're goal is to improve your design skills. If its just about money, then there's no point in posting your work for others to see or critique. With a few simple refinements, this job could have been a lot better.

I would have gone with a solid dark blue background in the panel recess area where the name is and reversed the colors of the Apex name to a white or light blue for stronger contrast and used a better choice of font for the phone numbers and secondary line of copy. It takes no more time or work to produce a good strong design and layout that the customer ultimately benefits from. If the customer looks good, then so does the designer.

sjm

I'm sure he got paid, but it isn't always about the money if you're goal is to improve your design skills. If its just about money, then there's no point in posting your work for others to see or critique. With a few simple refinements, this job could have been a lot better.

I would have gone with a solid dark blue background in the panel recess area where the name is and reversed the colors of the Apex name to a white or light blue for stronger contrast and used a better choice of font for the phone numbers and secondary line of copy. It takes no more time or work to produce a good strong design and layout that the customer ultimately benefits from. If the customer looks good, then so does the designer.

What? Isn't getting paid what it's all about? Of course critiquing comes easy. Personally I think a solid dark blue background does not lend itself to varying lighting conditions.

Des6139

Thanks guys I should mention , starting off= very little money. I will show it to customer tomoro and see what he thinks. Average price for this something like this is about 300-350 euro.

SignManiac

Very quick and simple alternative that places strong emphasis on company name. Can still be done inexpensively but looks stronger and better than just sticking letters on a board.

Give your customer another option and maybe up sell him on the second one. Let him make the final decision. You might be surprised and get a little better money for the job. He might be a new start up and on a budget but sometimes when given a better choice, they some how miraculously come up with a few extra bucks. Always try to offer several price options. Economy, custom, deluxe...

Attachments

• apexgas.jpg
    apexgas.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 105

SignManiac

Thanks Des. Just trying to show that if you want to make it about getting the money, there are smarter ways to make it. I can't count the number of times I took a job from my competition by being three times more expensive.

Don't always assume that price is the bottom line. The customer isn't always as stupid as we would like to believe.

Last edited: