• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Diaz Sign Art site.

Joe Diaz

We've got a new website! It's been a long time in the works. We've been working on it on and off for a while now. It's difficult working on your own stuff, while you're trying to get everyone else's projects done. It's that old adage, "the cobbler's kids never have new shoes".

The site also has a mobile version. We've tested it out on our phones but would love some feedback on that part. When you browse to diazsignart.com on your phone, it should redirect you to diazsignart.com/mobile. We are having trouble getting the redirect to work on Ben's Windows Phone 8. Those of you that have smart phones, if you could do us a favor and test that out and let us know happens. That would be great. We are aware that the site doesn't display properly on the ipad. We are trying to fix that.

Fun little note: The buildings in the background graphics are local buildings here in town. Not super important but fit's well with the "small town hospitality" thing we are going for.

www.diazsignart.com

mudmedia

I really like the overall look. It was really nice until I scrolled down and I got lost and confused at first glance. It is a really neat effect but got me lost for a minute.

Awesome work Joe and crew!

J Hill Designs

yeah pretty damn cool looking, but the multiple layers scrolling at different speeds threw me off as well

checking mobile now, will update.

edit: mobile works a treat on my android device :thumb:

SignManiac

The longer I look at it, the more I like it. Super crisp, easy to read, fantastic examples. I can see you put a ton of work into it. And it really does show that you are into branding companies. Overall a 9 out of 10!

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Very professional design and crisp colors. But i have to agree, the 3-4 individual moving layers are a bit trippy and somewhat distracting

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
ok after playing around I noticed a couple of things. When I click on those circles to the right side the moving layers are actually quite cool and has a unique effect. So I see why you did it. But when I scroll using the sidebar. dragging makes it looks very odd.

peavey123

Is your site a Wordpress theme that you customized to suit? If so, it just re-enforces how I need to get my hands dirty with some wordpress theme building like I've been meaning to do for so, so very long.

Beautiful site Joe! I really love the single page layouts that are all the rage these days.

Pat Whatley

Putting aside the incredible work you present the layers thing messes with my head. It's new, it's original, and it's neat but I kept getting distracted trying to get them to line up perfectly. It would be nice if there was a way for them to "snap" into position when they were close. Of course, I'm old, what in the heck do I know. I know that it's light years ahead of almost every sign and ad company site I've looked at.

edit Okay, I tried the circles VectorDoctor pointed out. That effect is awesome.

Joe Diaz

ok after playing around I noticed a couple of things. When I click on those circles to the right side the moving layers are actually quite cool and has a unique effect. So I see why you did it. But when I scroll using the sidebar. dragging makes it looks very odd.

I was careful not to make the important parts like the navigation or the body of text move. Really it's just a few images the title and part of the background that moves for each section. Once you stop scrolling, everything stays put. It's just an interesting effect I saw on a few other sites, that I thought I would try out. I realize it's a little different, but heck we are a little different. :omg::Big Laugh

Joe Diaz

Putting aside the incredible work you present the layers thing messes with my head. It's new, it's original, and it's neat but I kept getting distracted trying to get them to line up perfectly. It would be nice if there was a way for them to "snap" into position when they were close. Of course, I'm old, what in the heck do I know. I know that it's light years ahead of almost every sign and ad company site I've looked at.

edit Okay, I tried the circles VectorDoctor pointed out. That effect is awesome.

The snap thing is something I'm working on. I agree that it would really help. Someone has developed a script that does it. I'm just trying to figure out how to implement it without conflicting with the other scripts that are running. It's easier said than done.

J Hill Designs

Wow the circle thing makes it awesome - maybe make them a bit more noticeable, and perhaps have 'tooltips' for which page they go to when you hover over them?

Joe Diaz

Wow the circle thing makes it awesome - maybe make them a bit more noticeable, and perhaps have 'tooltips' for which page they go to when you hover over them?

The navigation does the same thing. Click on the About button, it auto scrolls to the about section, click on one of the Services, it auto scrolls to that service. Click on Contact, well you get the picture. For those interested the layers effect is script called parallax. If you do a google search for it you'll find some other really cool sites that use it.

The Portfolio and the Blog and a few other things are on their own pages though... because there is a lot to those sections and it would have made an already HUGE home page much larger. :Big Laugh

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Without dirtying up your site too much what about dots like this sample (maybe smaller) so it is a bit more obvious what the dots lead to?

Just a thought, but I am no webpage designer

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-04-25 at 5.04.53 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-04-25 at 5.04.53 PM.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 167