• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Drawing Tablet - Intuos 4

SignManiac

I bought the same one and finding the transition not so easy either. It just takes time and refusing to use a mouse. Like anything new, it takes time to learn.

omgsideburns

You have to use it. That's how.

Also, try the felt nib first, it helps you get used to using it because it's not as slippery. Then switch back to the plastic on.

Lock your mouse away somewhere. That always works.

I use mine in "mouse mode", I don't map it to the screen... I like it better.

John Butto

just use it all the time

I still draw and sketch a lot so it was easier to get use to than when I first started using a mouse. For Illustrator and Photoshop you cannot beat it.

WildWestDesigns

I never liked the Intuos 4, it never had a stable connection for me, driver kept on being dropped. 21UX has been far more reliable. But they all take practice.

cgsigns_jamie

I have 3 monitors also and the large Intous4

I have a button on the tablet that let's me toggle between mapping the whole tablet to each individual screen and then a fourth setting with all three mapped on the tablet.

I love it. Don't use the mouse at all these days.

CheapVehicleWrap

I run 6 screens including the 21UX, a 100" hd projector and a touch screen. Heck of allot easier drawing on the screen than a pad. I switch from mapping 1 or all screens.

WildWestDesigns

Do you have the tablet mapped to your screens or do you use it like a mouse?

Ooops. I mis-spoke. My 3rd monitor is the 21UX, so I don't use the Intuos anymore, I use that.

However, I did use it when I just had the dual monitor and I had it mapped to the screens the majority of the time. The only time I liked using it as a mouse is if I had to vectorize drawings, but that was about it. I rarely used it as a mouse except within Ai or PS(rarely use that though, mainly Ai).

I still have a regular mouse as I'm doing more and more within layout programs(InDesign) and it's just more efficient for me to use a regular mouse.