• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Edge Settings For Reflective?

gabagoo

I normally never purchase a 50 yard roll of Gerber 3M reflective...usually 10 or 20 yards, so the distributor just cuts it off a roll.
Today I needed 70 yards and when I picked it up the full roll has a piece of paper with an attention!! New print settings for 280i.

Says that you need to use new print settings with 280i and if you use the old one you could have poor results.

New settings can be found at
http://www.gspins.com/service/software-downloads

Those settings are for Omega 4 or 5

If you own earlier versions they say to use 220 settings.

I guess if I had not purchased a full roll I would never know...just curious if anyone has been experinecing any problems using the 280i settings when printing and just what are the problems?

jfiscus

Rap Master
I talked to Gerber recently about this when I had a defective 50yd roll of 280 reflective (turns out they put a roll of regular 280 in the 280+ box). They informed me that it was now called 280+ instead of 280i and that the settings had changed a while ago. I told them I wasn't interested in changing my settings since it still worked great the way it is now. He agreed with me that "if it aint broke don't fix it" lol.

It may be more of an issue if you run an Edge FX though? We have an Edge 1 & Edge 2 here.

gabagoo

I have an edge le and just ran reflective a few weeks ago and did not notice any problems... Maybe I should just run it the old way. I hope the film does not flake off out in the field!!!

Joe House

Usually if it comes out of the Edge looking good, you won't have a failure down the road because of improper settings. If the settings are wrong, you'll usually see it right off the bat.

jfiscus

Rap Master
As stated above, if it comes out of your Edge fine, either setting should work. Especially if you're laminating it.
Heck, I think I lie to my Edge about 1/2 of the colors/materials I am printing, lol.

geb

We have used the 280i and new settings with Edge FX . There have been no issues.

George

Hahahaha same here. What it doesn't know won't hurt it! Thank god it's not as smart as the new printers......can't trick those damn things as much!

I'll be in trouble if I ever get an Edge FX... I've heard you actually have to load the colors it's asking for or it won't print haha