• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New email scam???

jayhawksigns

Wow, got a headache just reading through this. It also had three jpegs attached to it.

Hello

This is Tracy Jack, and do you do work on vehicle wraps or custom
vinyl graphic on car and can and also do you accept credit card,i`ll
be needing your help my I just bought 2006 Toyota Camry in Colorado
state though i live here in the states,am presently in the hospital
cause i had accident last week and i want signage down on car thats is
why i want the car delivered down to your shop so you can handle the
auto signage and can u do that for me i will like to tell you that The
car are with the shipper in Colorado State but i live here in state so
that is why i want my car towed back home for the signage in good time
so can i have your shop address so that i can forward that to the
shipper so they will have the car delivered to the front of your shop
for the job and that is type of design i want on the the Camry so i
will like to know the type of credit card you accept as well so i will
like you to get me proper estimate quote so will can process that out
and also let me know the one you can use for me among the two design i
attach to you so you can get me the proper price for it thanks

Best Regard
Tracy

Craig Sjoquist

Well he can get out of the hospital & deliver himself with cash & approve design he likes.

That is my 1st thought why it it is a scam.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Tell him you only accept American Dinercards or MasterExpress. Also tell him you need him to mail you a postcard with all his credit info written on it and a copy of his drivers license attached and have it sent to your local PD.

elsignshop

NO lie but i got the same email yesterday hahahaha, i told him i would charge him $500k to wrap the Camry . he said it was ok hahahaha.

bernie

And here I was thinking at least he didn't ask you to 'send him back money' or 'pay the shipping'.

Amazing that so many of you got the same e-mail. Isn't there a way to bust these guys????

Bernie

steeltech

I received the same email. It also included an image of the supposed car, and two jpgs of flowers. I actually wrote back, because If theyre going to waste my time I would like to waste theirs. I told them that I dont like turning down work, but in this case I didnt feel it would be fair for this person to spend more to ship a car than it would cost for the graphics. I also told them that it isnt fair to charge them a lot of money when they have ailing family in the hospital. I wished em well. Stupid.

Last edited by a moderator: