• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Epson SureColor S Series?

PrintItBig

Hi,

Does anyone have one of these printers or have an opinion on them?

We're looking at the S30670 (Same as S30600) model?

I know previous Epson printers have had issues with inks fading prematurely. Should we be concerned about this?

How about build, general operation, print quality etc?

Another printer we're looking at is the HP Latex. How do you think this stacks up against the Epson?

Thanks.

Last edited:

parrott

Have not seen any of the new SureColor printers, but are interested due to how happy we have been with our GS6000. We have had it close to 3 years and had a couple hiccups when we first got it, but other than that it has run non stop. It looks like they have learned from any of their downfalls on the GS6000. The inks look to be more durable (have had no issues with our GS6000), the new media loader that accepts heavier rolls and hopefully the ability to feed backwards. I am willing to bet this is going to be a fantastic printer. Will be watching this thread for any feedback.

mudmedia

I am curious to why they went back to a 4 color ink set? I understand ink has been an issue with the 8 colors of GS6000 but why not a standard 6 CMYKLcLm like most printers are nowadays?

PrintItBig

I assume it's 4 colour to keep the cost as low as possible, although Epson imply it approaches / surpasses the colour gamut of the GS6000. I'm not entirely sure how that would be possible though.

Anyone own one?
Seen one?
Want one?

Robert M

Epson

Epson is starting off the series with a 4 color and will have an 8 and a 10 color out in the next few months.

ProColorGraphics

I was told the S70, 10 color model, will be out the end of this month! I am anxiously waiting to see print samples from that.

I have a L25500 too and love that as well! I would have no hesitations on getting another HP latex.

PrintItBig

I was told the S70, 10 color model, will be out the end of this month! I am anxiously waiting to see print samples from that.

I have a L25500 too and love that as well! I would have no hesitations on getting another HP latex.

What sort of work do you produce on your Latex?

ProColorGraphics

I produce a little bit of everything on it. Banners, decals/labels, wraps, signs, fabric, etc. It has been able to do everything the VP-540 it replaced did and then some. The only thing I would recommend printing on so far, that I have tried, is chrome. It turns it a nasty silver color. Not like that is a loss.

PrintItBig

I produce a little bit of everything on it. Banners, decals/labels, wraps, signs, fabric, etc. It has been able to do everything the VP-540 it replaced did and then some. The only thing I would recommend printing on so far, that I have tried, is chrome. It turns it a nasty silver color. Not like that is a loss.

Do you find you need to laminate most stuff? PVC banners for instance?

Anything ever get bounced for not being durable enough?

paulica

Hello everyone,

We got our Sc30 a month ago. The machine is running reliably up to now. The only issue we had is that from time to time, when printing on 160gsm whiteback, because of the heat most likely, the paper slightly curls, hits the head cover, the paper can not move normally under it to get out, and the head hits the large curl and breaks the paper. Therefore, we have paper loss printing on this material, as before printing the front edge of the paper has to be already out of thehead cover zone. I haven't tried other paper, rather than this and satin photo paper.

Our business is mostly whiteback posters and photo posters. Banding happens at higher speeds from time to time. Managing colors, contrast brightness is somewhat difficult for us. Since we are on very small runs, most of them being one print/copy, everything has to be good colour wise out of the box. I think that this is manageable, especially as time passes.

All in all, the machine is ok, printing is decent, some material profiling still needs to be done, but results are satisfying. Results unprofiled are simmilar to a profiled latex printer, therefore quite good I would say.

GetDown

We had to replace the print head within the first two weeks after getting the SC30670. The tech said it was a known problem with these machines. Since replacing its been running great. Not quite the quality of the GS6000, but definitely has potential for quality prints.