• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Equipment Question

I previously was 50/50 with another guy and we decided to split. He bought me out and I have been looking to get new equipment. I was quoted a price for a Roland vs540i a couple of months ago, I then had some personal issues come up and had to set aside starting my business back up. I have been in contact with the same sales guy and he just quoted me a demo model that he is using right now for approximately $1,500 more than the new unit he had quoted me on about 2 months ago. I haven't dealt with anyone with purchasing new equipment as my old business partner and I purchased used. I know at times manufactures will run specials, but at the time when I was quoted my first price the sales guy said that there were no specials being ran. So I guess my question is can I call this sales guy back up and work the purchase price down? It just seems pretty shady and almost makes me want to find a different dealer to work with or is this the case with all dealers?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Why don't you call other dealers and price shop?

I'm very loyal to my suppliers but if the price goes up for a lesser product and it doesn't seem right it wont hurt to check around.

graphicwarning

I was quoted a price for a Roland vs540i a couple of months ago, I then had some personal issues come up and had to set aside starting my business back up. I have been in contact with the same sales guy and he just quoted me a demo model that he is using right now for approximately $1,500 more than the new unit he had quoted me on about 2 months ago.

Is it possible you were originally quoted for a VS-540, and now he is quoting you on the VS-540i... which is the newer model out in the last few months (don't remember the exact date they were released)? It could be that a few months ago they were trying to move inventory on the VS-540 and the prices were lowered a bit, and now they only have the VS-540i in stock, which could explain the higher price...

Just a guess...

Is it possible you were originally quoted for a VS-540, and now he is quoting you on the VS-540i... which is the newer model out in the last few months (don't remember the exact date they were released)? It could be that a few months ago they were trying to move inventory on the VS-540 and the prices were lowered a bit, and now they only have the VS-540i in stock, which could explain the higher price...

Just a guess...

Both quotes are for the VS-540i. It wasn't to long after they released the new printer that he quoted me the price. I actually called on the VS-540, but he said they had just sold their last one not to long before I called and are only offering the new model. I'm dealing with Wensco if anyone has dealt with them before with anything. They are located about 45 mins from my place, that is why I would like to stick with them. It just seems odd he quoted me a higher price for a demo model over a new one out of the box model. Before I was dealing with Fellers for all my material with my other business partner. I was actually located closer to their distribution center out of Des Moines, but have since moved.

TXFB.INS

does your previous quote have a valid within X days on it?

if not present the previous quote and that is your price since it is writing. same concept if a store has a typo in one of their ads, they have to honor it.

+1 to shopping around, when you are looking at the same machine / materials / etc.. doesn't hurt to price look

JRgraphics

Dealer wants to keep it around

Roland makes dealers buy their own demo equipment. Once it is up and working the dealer would rather keep it as a demo machine as long as he can, especially if he would have to wait several weeks for a replacement. Brand new equipment is a better choice IMO.

rturner381

+1 PAT WHITE Check out pricing with the Chicago Roland Dealers. Go to the www.rolanddga.com website and type in your zipcode to find the other dealers in your area. Once you have price (including freight, installation, training, and service after the sale), go for it. :wink: