• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help New Flatbed Printer, software not loading

Rover31

Hello all you smart people,

I purchased a lightly used Chinese Flatbed Printer (for a song!), I have seen the work it can do and it should be great for what I need.

Problem is the Partner RIP software (also called AcroRIP I believe) that came with the unit will not load. I have the dongle thing and have plugged it in.

On my Mac computer I can open the read files on the disk but the program will not load.

On the Win based machine, nothing! It doesn't even show the disk (could it be the age of the 'ol Win based computer running 64bit Sys 7?).

I do not need a fancy pricey RIP program. I need something now to get started and would love to just use this RIP for now.

So suggestions?

I cannot find the Partner RIP site to ask them questions, does Acrorip support Partner?

Or am I doing something wrong?

jimdtg

PartnerRIP is same AcroRIP, but it's built for OEM as DMPS Korea.

This kind of software doesn't work on Mac machine. It only works on both Windows 32bit and 64bit platforms.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Hello all you smart people,

I purchased a lightly used Chinese Flatbed Printer

I've highlighted your problem.

You maybe able to find an open source RIP with a quick google search. Most Chinese printers are based on epson printers and usually use the same drivers.

Rover31

Thanks but the "Chinese" printer has nothing to do with the "Korean" RIP program loading.
Yes it is an Epson. Those drivers are installed and the printer functions well.

As I stated and why I posted in this section I am having a RIP program problem.

Yes. Have done a search and found open source RIP as well as many others.

I am trying to see if anyone has experience with this particular RIP. And I did receive a couple of helpful messages. So thanks to those folks!

Thanks for pointing out your bias, it has nothing to contribute or to do with the issue I am having.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Why wouldn't you want to invest in a better RIP? The RIP could be the death of your projects if it doesn't do what you need it to do.

Bingo!

Always good to have a good RIP. because you can upgrade your printer, and keep the RIP. And as always - better support with high end RIPs.
If i run into an issue with onyx and someone here doesn't know about it. I can just call or email onyx and get an answer.

If you cannot get your RIP working, that's why i suggested something that's open source to get you printing...

Rover31

Why wouldn't you want to invest in a better RIP? The RIP could be the death of your projects if it doesn't do what you need it to do.

I am very open to a new RIP.
The many RIPs all have pluses and minuses.

I am learning the process of this so I am of course a bit hesitant to just jump into the deep end without just a small bit of knowledge of what I need.

I would just like to get my training wheels on and rolling.

Not quite sure how more to put it,
I am looking to see if anyone has any experience with this Partner RIP or what could be the issue.

The others who have contacted me think I may have a corrupt disk.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Try onyx. Either RIP centre or Postershop. Thrive would be over kill for you.
They offer a 30day full working tral. Only thing is not available is to create an ICC profile using their engine.
I believe postershop is the more popular one.

myonyx Login | Onyx Graphics