• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New formed plastic face?

Signed Out

sample.jpg

Customer wants to replace the vinyl on this sign, everything will be the same except a couple doctor's names. I'm a little concerned that there will be some ghosting on the sign face. Is there a good way to remove the ghosting? I've looked into some products such as ghost off, but will this be safe for a formed plastic face? Sand and buff? My next thought is to just replace the faces also, but I'm not sure where to get them. They are 70"x32" 2" deep, and 70"x9" 2 " deep. Thoughts?

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I would go remove the dots (either the large ones or the ones after "Dr") and see if there's ghosting. The face still looks really clean/shiny - I bet there wouldn't be any. But if there is, yes, use Ghost Off.

Signed Out

That's a good idea to check for the ghosting. So ghost off won't harm the plastic, good to know. Thanks