• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New HP Latex printers L560 and L570

dale911

President
If you are planning on getting a L360 or L370 before the end of the month, you may want to wait. I just heard that the next generation machine is being released on Monday which is why the LOI papers from ISA were only good to the end of the month instead of 30 days like usual. I don't know anything about them, only that they are coming on the market Monday. I was about to pull the trigger on the L360 and am going to wait now until I see if there is anything fantastic about the next gen to spend a little more on.

dale911

President
I had a sales rep get it directly from an Hp sales rep yesterday. The sales rep from Hp wouldn't say anything except that it's about 30-35% faster than the 360. No other info on it. Looking forward to Monday. It's also going to be a few thousand more so maybe we are going to get some really nice added features.

BALLPARK

HP = Apple... but with lower prices.

It seems like they drop a new small roll-to-roll every 12 to 15 months. They are not expensive printers when new, but it sure does not help the resell value when they drop new printers so quickly.

Good for the used printer buyer... not so good for the seller.

Looking forward to seeing the advancements of the new printer, thanks for the heads up.

FrankW

Have a look:

[video=youtube;eiIOFOc8rLY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiIOFOc8rLY[/video]

dypinc

I still don't understand the use of only 1 light magenta / light blue printhead, when they know the color consistency problems that is caused when the printer is run fast. After being told that the optimizer printhead being too close to the other printheads was causing a problem, now they release this with two optimizer printheads with one being close to the lc/lm/ printhead. And, no mention of any ink changes or ink density increases for 10 pass or lower.

FrankW

I still don't understand the use of only 1 light magenta / light blue printhead, when they know the color consistency problems that is caused when the printer is run fast.

How do you think that an additional LcLm-Head could help with color consistency? I have no idea.

And, no mention of any ink changes or ink density increases for 10 pass or lower.

The speaker mention higher densities when talking about "vivid" print modes, e. g. from 3:20. More detailed dealer information (we are dealers) talks about up to an ink limit of 185% at 10 passes frontlit printing (currently 120%). And for my opinion, the higher speed for outdoor prints rely directly to a higher ink density on 4 Pass Mode.

We haven't a demonstration unit until now, will be june as far as I expect. I will check that as soon as possible.

dypinc

How do you think that an additional LcLm-Head could help with color consistency? I have no idea.

I think that has been well documented in this forum, and I don't remember having those color consistency problems with the L25500. If you call HP techs they will tell you the same thing. With the L300 series you don't really want to be using lc/lm inks at 10pass and lower. I have seen way to much ink starvation going on with having only one lc/lm printhead that I now rarely use lc/lm inks if I run 10pass or lower.

The speaker mention higher densities when talking about "vivid" print modes, e. g. from 3:20. More detailed dealer information (we are dealers) talks about up to an ink limit of 185% at 10 passes frontlit printing (currently 120%). And for my opinion, the higher speed for outdoor prints rely directly to a higher ink density on 4 Pass Mode.

We haven't a demonstration unit until now, will be june as far as I expect. I will check that as soon as possible.

It will interesting to find that out. But if they know that (we have been complaining about that since the L300s were released) why haven't they change that in the firmware on the L300 series. If the problem is ink starvation with having one lc/lm printhead, just don't allow CMYKcm at higher ink densities at 10 pass or under.

Really it almost like if they are going to use two optimizer printheads then they will have to have higher ink densities. I have done a lot of testing with different optimizer settings and I can't imagine why they would need to optimizer printheads. On most SAV vinyl for example at 150% ink density the optimum optimizer setting is between 8 and 12. All increasing it does is affect the ink density (lowers it as far as getting more vivid colors) and the higher you go the more grainer it looks. Probably from less dot gain. Most banner media has pretty much the same response.

Has anyone seen situation where they needed a real high amount of optimizer. But again using two optimizer printheads may have more to do with ink starvation at 8 pass and lower.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I'm not experiencing the color issues you are with LC/LM our clients have been very happy with our upgrade in March.

As for the optimizer, the only thing we run high optimizer on is styrene. We use 50% optimizer so we can run the temps real low to prevent buckling.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Well I'm sold. They fixed my biggest beefs.....the feed/takeup setup and the startup time. Ready to buy.

FrankW

Do not focus on the additional optimizer printhead only. The printer has a more efficient curing system too. The curing area is bigger, and the curing unit is closed (the condensate is guided to a tank instead of blowing in the air). That is part of the promised "vivid print modes" too.

For my opinion the lower ink amount of just one "light"-head can simply be handled by manage the split levels between regular and light inks.

inkfrog

Do not focus on the additional optimizer printhead only. The printer has a more efficient curing system too. The curing area is bigger, and the curing unit is closed (the condensate is guided to a tank instead of blowing in the air). That is part of the promised "vivid print modes" too.

For my opinion the lower ink amount of just one "light"-head can simply be handled by manage the split levels between regular and light inks.

How I understand this, is that because HP have modified the way in which moist air is removed from the printer as it cures so that the moisture laden air isnt condensing inside the machine then HP will allow the machine to lay down more ink on each pass. More ink more vivid colour.

dypinc

Managing the split levels between regular and light inks? Tell me more. I this not a contone device or is HP allowing some kind of control over the light ink splits/curves on these new printers?

FrankW

I this not a contone device or is HP allowing some kind of control over the light ink splits/curves on these new printers?

No. But HP does. Or better said should be if there are problems. Haven't seen much of this problems until now.

inkfrog said:
How I understand this, is that because HP have modified the way in which moist air is removed from the printer as it cures so that the moisture laden air isnt condensing inside the machine then HP will allow the machine to lay down more ink on each pass. More ink more vivid colour.

I haven't seen it now in real life. The curing area is larger, and there is more optimizer (means less bleed even with more ink). Until now the condensate was blown outside the printer, what sometimes could be seen as a light steam out of the vents, or fogged windows in smaller rooms (when printing for hours). Even the heat should stay longer.