• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New HP Printer is coming!

Signed Out

When are they gonna roll out a 570 like latex hybrid flatbed, 64", ability to print on 1" thick substrate, for around $35k? I'd stop looking at the epsons if they rolled that out.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I don't get it, why go dye sub? Their Latex is great on fabrics, with a few tweaks it could be perfect.

Lots of issues in the dye sub world and HP is going to do what they did to the solvent world and seriously disrupt it. This one is special in what it does!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
When are they gonna roll out a 570 like latex hybrid flatbed, 64", ability to print on 1" thick substrate, for around $35k? I'd stop looking at the epsons if they rolled that out.

Lol, you would still buy an Epson I think. The next Latex roll machine will have white ink is what I see, but not sure if that is what they will do.

Signed Out

No way, tell HP if they make one I will buy, lol. But seriously I think that would be a huge success if it's possible. Seems it would as everybody says how the latex can print on pretty much everything and no cure time needed. Seems all they need to do is have adjustable height carriage and reworked feed system with fold away roller tables.

Sorry don't mean to derail this thread.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
No way, tell HP if they make one I will buy, lol. But seriously I think that would be a huge success if it's possible. Seems it would as everybody says how the latex can print on pretty much everything and no cure time needed. Seems all they need to do is have adjustable height carriage and reworked feed system with fold away roller tables.

Sorry don't mean to derail this thread.

I am just Joshin ya... That would be really cool if they did have something like that though. They have the 1000 and 2000 series latex flatbeds which seem to be having a ton of success so far. Maybe they have a more entry level machine at a lower price point in the future.

unclebun

I don't get it, why go dye sub? Their Latex is great on fabrics, with a few tweaks it could be perfect.

try selling people on latex printed polyester sports jerseys....

For that matter, buy a dye sub printed polyester banner or other product and just compare them in terms of how they will look and feel to a customer.

Christian @ 2CT Media

try selling people on latex printed polyester sports jerseys....

For that matter, buy a dye sub printed polyester banner or other product and just compare them in terms of how they will look and feel to a customer.
I don't sell apparel, be we sell all kinds of other dye-sub replacements. Looks pretty damn good to me and my clients and it actually lasts outdoors.

Attachments

• IMG_20190211_093007_01.jpg
    IMG_20190211_093007_01.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 282
  • IMG_20190211_093007_02.jpg
    IMG_20190211_093007_02.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 284
  • IMG_20190211_093350_01.jpg
    IMG_20190211_093350_01.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 275
  • IMG_20190211_095616_01.jpg
    IMG_20190211_095616_01.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 279
  • IMG_20190211_095616_02.jpg
    IMG_20190211_095616_02.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 268

unclebun

And that hits the nail on the head. Dye sub is for different markets than what you are making things for. So that's why HP would make a dye sub printer, and people would buy it.

Christian @ 2CT Media

And that hits the nail on the head. Dye sub is for different markets than what you are making things for. So that's why HP would make a dye sub printer, and people would buy it.
Again, Why would they when they can make 2 modifications to Latex and have a much better product than any dye sub machine?

unclebun

Because people don't want things with thick, gloppy, stiff latex ink sitting on top of the fabric. They want fabric with the pattern dyed right into it so that the feel and flexibility of the fabric is unaffected. It makes it into something with the pattern printed right into the threads rather than a piece of cloth with something stuck on the outside. You can dye sub a soft blanket, a soccer jersey, a flag that is visible from the backside.

MachServTech

This is going to be a game changer for the bespoke apparel market. Speed and color are big issues in that area. If they solved these problems they could have a repeat of what they did to solvent printers. I'm looking forward to seeing these machines.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
This is going to be a game changer for the bespoke apparel market. Speed and color are big issues in that area. If they solved these problems they could have a repeat of what they did to solvent printers. I'm looking forward to seeing these machines.

Want to come to a special event at ISA? PM me for details, I will get you in.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Because people don't want things with thick, gloppy, stiff latex ink sitting on top of the fabric. They want fabric with the pattern dyed right into it so that the feel and flexibility of the fabric is unaffected. It makes it into something with the pattern printed right into the threads rather than a piece of cloth with something stuck on the outside. You can dye sub a soft blanket, a soccer jersey, a flag that is visible from the backside.
you can do all that with latex, latex has very little hand and is not thick or gloppy... Have you ever handled latex printed fabric?

printguyjohn

Here is an image of one of the printers. There will also be 2 more from what it seems, one of them being a grand format a-la-r2000 series...

HP-Stitch-Press.png

printguyjohn

Any idea what is so special?

It's white and orange and prints with recycled milk. Ha! No idea, I just found the image online. I'm hoping I can now purchase instead of an epson or mimaki... Even though I am VERY RELUCTANT to purchase the 1st model of ANYTHING (cars, phones, printers, etc)