• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Illustration Project.

Joe Diaz

Well I made it to her shoulders so far... I only have to make it down to her feet. And yes she will have clothes on. :omg: I'm screen capturing this whole thing and will post a time laps of it on youtube or something when I'm done.

beer girl illustration part2.jpg

Baz

Do you go off of a picture/pictures or something? With so much detail and attention to shadows and lighting it's hard to imagine that you're just freehanding this.

Looks really cool btw!:thumb:

Joe Diaz

Do you go off of a picture/pictures or something? With so much detail and attention to shadows and lighting it's hard to imagine that you're just freehanding this.

Looks really cool btw!:thumb:

Oh yeah, of course I'm using reference images. If I didn't she would look much more cartoony. Her face is from a photo. Her body was created in 3D. I didn't like the face on the 3D model I rendered, so I'm cheating and and using a photo for that. I did the same thing on the steampunk design.

Baz

Oh yeah, of course I'm using reference images. If I didn't she would look much more cartoony. Her face is from a photo. Her body was created in 3D. I didn't like the face on the 3D model I rendered, so I'm cheating and and using a photo for that. I did the same thing on the steampunk design.

You are using another 3D program in conjunction with Corel? Going back to other designs you have done in this style i guess you create allot of objects in a separate 3D program and blend everything together in Corel Draw. Others could use their own prefered software i know. I just like understanding how you create such beautifull artwork.

CanuckSigns

makes me think of the 80's movie Weird Science, you're not going to try to bring her to life when you are done, right Joe?

Joe Diaz

You are using another 3D program in conjunction with Corel? Going back to other designs you have done in this style i guess you create allot of objects in a separate 3D program and blend everything together in Corel Draw. Others could use their own prefered software i know. I just like understanding how you create such beautifull artwork.

The video I'm recording as I work on this will explain a lot of how I do the illustration part. When I'm done I'll post it. But yeah I use poser and daz studio for 3D work. I set up a scene using a 3D figure. I pose her just the way I want her for this ad and the overall look I'm going for. Then, In the 3d software I position the lighting. The lighting is important especially when I plan on using a photo reference for her face. I want to make sure those images match up.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Can tell she went home..................... you have the wrong cookies on your mind :tongue: