• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New job setting up printing dept.

T_K

Hey everyone. I'm Trevor and I've been hired on to a marketing firm to set up their large-format printing department in the Austin, TX area. I've worked for 3 years at a small startup sign & print shop in Dallas, where I worked my way up to the store manager. My experience is mostly in vinyl signage (yard signs, banners, vehicle graphics), with some light training on building signage. Basically, I've got enough knowledge and experience to be dangerous while knowing I have a lot to learn and develop professionally.

My current job has me mostly printing labels and manuals for our current clients. But we're preparing to launch our print services to the broader public in the near future. So I'm suddenly in the role of creating policies and procedures for our print shop, whereas in the past I just helped tweak them.

We've got a Roland VersaCAMM VS-540i running CMYKcmk. Plans are to buy a second machine in the future for a white and metallic ink setup, but that's after we start rolling with our current printer.

This is me in a nutshell:
"Let me out, let me out!"