• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New JV33 mainboard configuration

eesanopi

Hi,

Recently have a damage in the usd port in the mainboard of my mimaki JV33-160 V2.2 machine, this card is old model, i have a new model mainboard, but can´t work because my ink chips are SS21 and card is configured for BS2, this card is configured trough a connector in the card, depending how this conecctor is wired the card is configured, attached you will find a picture of connector and their location in mainboard is in CN30 socket and a copy of mimaki´s document mainboard.

So, i need to know if somebody know the wiring correspondign to my machine, the wires on harness need to be black, or if sombedoy has a machine with this configuration please send me a picture of how this connector is wired.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards.

Edgar

Attachments

• connector.jpg
    connector.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 548
  • location.jpg
    location.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 606
  • Miamki info.jpg
    Miamki info.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 397

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you bought it new from a Mimaki dealer, the board should have come with the proper connector. See below:

Proper connector:
attachment.php

If you bought the board used, you are out of luck as Mimaki doesn't sell them separately. To make your own (at your own risk!!!) see below:

The pins in the picture above correspond to the numbers below:

12-10-08-06-04-02
11-09-07-05-03-01

Pins 1 and 3 are shorted together,
Pins 6 and 8 are shorted together, and
Pins 10 and 12 are shorted together.

I haven't been able to source the connector and Mimaki won't tell me where to get one so you might have to think of another way to short those pins. Good luck!

Attachments

• pic2.png
    pic2.png
    327.3 KB · Views: 565

eesanopi

Thanks a lot, this is the information I was looking for, I know the risk but is the the fastest way to put my printer in operation, so I will try this configuration inmediatly, many thaks for you help.

Best regards from México

Edgar

Pregasen

Hi Eesanopi.

Trust you are well. Did u come right with jumper. Which one did u use. I'm in same problem. When I turn on printer with the board for bs on. It gives me error 208 check main pcb ID

Plz help

Machine down now for a month.

Tha KS.

Pregasen

Pregasen

Hi Eesanopi.

Trust you are well. Did u come right with jumper. Which one did u use. I'm in same problem. When I turn on printer with the board for bs on. It gives me error 208 check main pcb ID

Plz help

Machine down now for a month.

Tha KS.

Pregasen
IMG-20200116-WA0017.jpeg IMG-20200116-WA0031.jpeg IMG-20200116-WA0025.jpeg

These are error messages with the different jumpers. But I'm missing the black jumper and the orange and yellow jumper.

Forty One

Can I be correct in asking that all it takes to change the inktypes on this BS machine is to change over this harness?