• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New laminator choice

Zog

Hello,

I want to buy a new laminator. I will need a top roller that heats at 260 degrees minimum. Service is very important to me. I have three choices that provide decent service in my area. My choice is between the GBC Spire III 64T and the KALA ARKANE 1650. Which one would you choose? I don't want to buy a generic chinese machine...

Thanks

solock

I would look long and hard at the Kala.

While I have a GBC Protech 64" laminator that is working fine, the Kala controls (intuitive and repeatable, the pressure is controlled automatically on both sides of the roller)
The Kala size is much smaller footprint, the Kala threading is so much easier, more intuitive and the take up reels are wonderful in implementation and design.

I can almost get my head around the Kala in material savings alone.

Look at all the points and I think youll see that the Kala is a pretty impressive machine.

bigben

I'm in the same area than you ''Montreal''. Go with the Kala. Customer service is very good and the Canadian importer is located in Montreal.

JoeBoomer

Just don't get Royal Sovereign

Royal Sovereign sucks. Whatever you do stay away from Royal Sovereign. I can't stress to you how much they suck.

I would rather use sandpaper toilet paper after a 30 mile bike ride than be stuck with their crap any longer. I am yet to hear a good review of any of their equipment.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Royal Sovereign sucks. Whatever you do stay away from Royal Sovereign. I can't stress to you how much they suck.

I would rather use sandpaper toilet paper after a 30 mile bike ride than be stuck with their crap any longer. I am yet to hear a good review of any of their equipment.

I love my Royal Sovereign.
Also, if you search the threads on laminators in here, you'll find there are plenty who like their RS. Just sayin