• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New laminator on board US TECH

jkdbjj

So my laminator was delivered today. Very impressed from the packaging and feel of the machine.
I opted for the heat assist 65" Model.
I'll post comments once I start using it next week.

laminator.jpg

Drip Dry

Since I'm looking for a laminator, I'm curious about why you chose this one.
You know... did a lot of research... someone recommended... price... or just gave up looking

Prices seem to range from 10,000 or more down to 2500. and almost always to be the same quality. (or so the salesman always says)

Mind sharing the price.

jkdbjj

I paid 4600 delivered.

It is almost identical to my seal 61proS which cost 18k or there abouts.
Times are changing cause this seems like a nice piece of equipment.

I just moved into this building too, so who knows when it will be up and running.

Drip Dry

Maybe I should have started a new thread, but I'll ask one more question.

Is the added price (about 2000.) worth getting heat assist vs cold.
OK, 2 questions... There are Hot/Cold models. Is there a difference between hot/cold, and Heat assist ?

ironchef

Depends on what your laminating? If its alot outdoor stuff a cold one will do. ...Heat assist only heats up to a certain temp. Full heat goes hotter.. and there's only about a grand difference between cold and heat assist.

lenwardus

Checked them out at Long Beach show.
Pretty much Chinese junk.
Can get one direct from Guangdong factory for less than
2000 usd, but not even worth consolidating in a container.

jkdbjj

Checked them out at Long Beach show.
Pretty much Chinese junk.
Can get one direct from Guangdong factory for less than
2000 usd, but not even worth consolidating in a container.
I have been using laminators for years. From the Orca III, to Seal ProS and several other models.
I can repair them, grease them, change gears and chains etc etc...

Surprises me to read your comments. Are you suggesting I'm an idiot?
The machine was packed top quality, and every part I have inspected is as good as my Seal machine.

It would be more helpful to explain in detail what is junk on this unit.

jkdbjj

Maybe I should have started a new thread, but I'll ask one more question.

Is the added price (about 2000.) worth getting heat assist vs cold.
OK, 2 questions... There are Hot/Cold models. Is there a difference between hot/cold, and Heat assist ?

I don't mind the question at all. I looked long and hard at all their models.
The cold one almost got bought. However, I have OCD with my products and I know any silvering would drive me nuts.

If you choose to use higher quality laminates silvering should be minimal and vanish after a day or two.
Cheaper laminates will never be completely free from silvering.

That's what it boils down to for me. The other problem was I use the bottom take up rollers on my laminators to wind the prints as they are laminated, I didn't see the cold model offered that, I could be wrong though.

ironchef

Your wrong. Lol. I have the pro la650 65 in. Cold. And it has the roll to roll option. Take up reel that winds automatically on the back. And a reel that u winds the unlaminated media at the front. The front one does not unwind automatically.

HulkSmash

I have been using laminators for years. From the Orca III, to Seal ProS and several other models.
I can repair them, grease them, change gears and chains etc etc...

Surprises me to read your comments. Are you suggesting I'm an idiot?
The machine was packed top quality, and every part I have inspected is as good as my Seal machine.

It would be more helpful to explain in detail what is junk on this unit.

It is a good machine but the other guy is right, they sell for dirt cheap from the direct manufacturer. They're relabeled with ustech

jkdbjj

That stinks, so I could have saved some cheese. They say there is a sucker born everyday, I guess I am the fool today. :D

jkdbjj

Out of curiosity, how does one go about getting one from the Guangdong factory? I don't speak Chinese? Please some one post how it is easy to get one.

Also, proof the unit I got is less than 2k.

Thanks

Christian @ 2CT Media

Check out the Yinghe Laminators if you go direct... they are top notch for chinese products and have a very low cost point at $1600 - $2100 delivered.

jkdbjj

Thanks 2CT.
I did see some good looking laminators on that site, I just never saw my model or something close to it.

No matter, but good to know for the future.