• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help new laminator or replace the wheel?

mark galoob

hey all...

i would like your suggestions and comments

equipment: base seal heat assist laminator 54" around 8 yrs old

this weekend i made a boo boo and messed up the bottom roller. its not terrible but it is causing some slight marks on the laminated vinyl.

my question is would you fix the part (prob $1600.00 includes labor) or just buy a new one (prob 11k w/ a warranty)

all in all it run perfect no issues so far except the wheel.

thanks in advance

m

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Are you sure about the $1600 price? I just replaced the foam/rubber material on a laminator roller for about $150. It was a non-heat assist model which may be the difference. It took some soapy water and an air compressor to get it on but it was worth the fix. It's possible your model works differently though.

mark galoob

Are you sure about the $1600 price? I just replaced the foam/rubber material on a laminator roller for about $150. It was a non-heat assist model which may be the difference. It took some soapy water and an air compressor to get it on but it was worth the fix. It's possible your model works differently though.

yes sir im sure...the bottom roller replacement costs around 1100.00 im estimating another 400 or so in labor...

m

Last edited by a moderator: