• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Laminator - Royal Sovereign RSC1401CW or Seal 54 EL?

rrse-com

We are looking for a new laminator. Currently, we have a 32" Royal Sovereign. We can get the 54" RSC1401CW for $1495 or the Seal 54 EL for $5,000.

Which do you prefer and why?

Thank you.

jfiscus

Rap Master
GFP all the way!
I LOVED the GFP at the last shop I worked for; it had all the best features of all the other models.
The heat assist is very nice and the takeup reel is worth its weight in gold. other than that, it just worked perfect everytime. We have a Seal here, a lot less impressive.

rjssigns

I have the 65" RS and it's been good. Know nothing about the Seal other than shops that own them seem to like them. I would be more inclined to get another RS though. You are familiar with the controls and worst case you could swap parts to keep going on a job.
I'm a fan of redundancy.

HulkSmash

my RS is a pile of crap.

Buttons are sticking.. emergency stop button are pretty much not working, skews like you wouldn't believe...

it about 7 years old.

WestbankKurt

Seal 54

We just got a Seal 54. I have to admit I needed training because the laminator I used at a previous shop was more basic. I am now at ease with adjusting tension and have gotten much better at using this machine. Sadly the power plug does not sit snugly in its designed hole. I stepped on the cord and it wiggled out during a twelve footer and that caused a band and the print was lost. So I grabbed some duck tape and it is no longer a problem. I did call the manufacture and let them know about the issue. Other then that I think it is a solid, well built machine and worth the money.