• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Logo

Guerilla Signs

Thanks Neato for being quick and providing great options to choose from.

:U Rock:

Love the new Logo

Attachments

• New Logo.png
    New Logo.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 169

Guerilla Signs

SignManiac you are correct it is not spelled correct but it is not supposed to be Gorilla it is taken from guerrilla.

My daughter liked the gorilla in the G so we went with that since she is really getting excited about the business, and will probably be the one taking over the business when I retire.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
At first glance, which is all you're going to get from anyone anywhere, regardless of the spelling and the beast inside, the 'G' looks far more like a 'C'. Thus at that first, an only, glance it appears to be gibberish.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
At first glance, which is all you're going to get from anyone anywhere, regardless of the spelling and the beast inside, the 'G' looks far more like a 'C'. Thus at that first, an only, glance it appears to be gibberish.

People with anything beyond a 3rd grade reading level recognize groups of letters as words rather than needing to look at each individual letter to decipher a word. I knew immediately the word was "guerilla". I would guess others are able to read it with the same ease and aren't getting hung up on any resemblance to a "c" as you're suggesting.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
People with anything beyond a 3rd grade reading level recognize groups of letters as words rather than needing to look at each individual letter to decipher a word. I knew immediately the word was "guerilla". I would guess others are able to read it with the same ease and aren't getting hung up on any resemblance to a "c" as you're suggesting.

3rd grade eh? Apparently I'm among the reading disabled. You're absolutely correct that words are read by glancing at them as a unit and not collections of individual letters**. Perhaps that's why after my first, and if I weren't actually examining the thing, only glance I thought is said 'Cruella' as in Cruella DeVille. That's because I'm unfamiliar with any word such as 'Cuerilla' and substituted the first thing that came to mind.

**This is why typesetters can set an entire book and not have much of a clue as to what the book is about. They don't read it, they transcribe characters. If they set it by reading it then the result would be fraught with typos from substituting what they think it said for what it actually said.

Haakon

SignManiac you are correct it is not spelled correct but it is not supposed to be Gorilla it is taken from guerrilla.

My daughter liked the gorilla in the G so we went with that since she is really getting excited about the business, and will probably be the one taking over the business when I retire.

If you are keeping the Gorilla in the logo, how would NOT everyone be confused about if it is Gorilla (the animal) or Guerrilla (marketing strategy or warfare group) that is misspelled?

Lose the monkey until your daughter actually takes over in the (far?) future, now it only serves to confuse people. However nice a monkey in your logo is to your daughter..

Other than that bit, the logo looks great :)

J

john1

My company name has my initials and they put them together to create a word lol