• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Microsoft Logo - Uninspired?

SignProPlus-Chip

Mt first comment was "meh"

What do you all think?

Attachments

• mslogo.jpg
    mslogo.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 54

particleman

The direction microsoft is going is sickening. I haven't liked metro UI since it came out for the zune. Just wait till the train wreck that will be windows 8. This logo just confirms their devotion to this new look.

Pat Whatley

It works. It's Microsoft....they could have done it in pink comic sans and it would not have effected their sales the least little bit.

SignosaurusRex

Huh? Why did they change it?
My opinion means sqwuat, but...................FAIL!
Too generic IMO.

It works. It's Microsoft....they could have done it in pink comic sans and it would not have effected their sales the least little bit.

Just because one "CAN", does not mean that one "SHOULD". Nor does it mean that it "It won't matter".

carter75

IMO, less is more. Their brand is internationally known and they don't need a catchy logo to draw in customers. They went with something simple and a lot can be said about that.

Signsforwhile

What's even worse is I stumbled upon a Microsoft store at our mall last week. Basically whoever designed that store sat in an apple store for a couple of weeks before drafting it. Even the signage matches. They just have that new boxy logo over the store akin to the Mac apple...

David Wright

I did the best that I could, especially hard dealing with all those Microsoft nerdy
Higher ups.
I wanted to use swiss 911 condensed.

SignProPlus-Chip

I'm dying to know how much they paid for this new logo/re-branding.

S'N'S - Kerning if off on 99% of the design work I see out there. Most people just type out the word/s and consider it done. It's a shame to see so many designers NOT doing their job properly IMO.

Oddly enough, the majority of the folks I see worrying about kerning are old school folks, that learned a lot of their craft before computer use became so prevalent. I'm from that school myself and I can say for sure that setting type by hand will definitely make you more aware of kerning.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
BTW kerning of ft is not off. That is most likely a glyph (ligature) and intended. There are many 2 pair letterforms that are intentionally joined

Last edited:

CES020

See, proof positive that designing on a PC is going backwards :Big Laugh

Before anyone gets their feathers ruffled, it was JOKE people!