• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Mimaki Latex Printer Confirmed

ProWraps

massive launch!!!!! rofl. well, um. i hate to say it, but eh.. shhhhh. hp already had a latex printer. so yeah. MASSIVE!!!!!

Robert M

http://www.rpsa.ricoh.com/gen4.html

Looks like the price difference will be in the print heads The Ricoh head is an all steel industrial head with a 100 billion shot life. last time i looked Epson heads were 6.5 billion, do not know about HP

JERHEMI

If this printer is a true 64" printer that is big benefit over the HP right there because that means you can run 63" banner material and make a hemmed and finished 5' banner! The HP being a 60" cannot do that.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
If this printer is a true 64" printer that is big benefit over the HP right there because that means you can run 63" banner material and make a hemmed and finished 5' banner! The HP being a 60" cannot do that.

Dont forget about the L28500 being an 8' machine kinda puts this mimaki to shame. The 28500 is only about $47k vs a 63" machine for $30k but I am happy to see another mfg come out with a latex unit.

rjssigns

I'll wait for the inevitable latex price war as I'm sure Roland will want to play too. Should be some bargains later on this year.