• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question new mimaki ucjv300-160, ucjv150-130.. PH?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It will be interesting to see if they can steal some latex sales from HP with this one as you can laminate right after printing, it doesn't require large power consuming heaters and the print heads are much more permanent than the HPs. If they get the price point right I can see it happening.

If by PH you mean print head, they are most likely using the Ricoh heads that they use in their other UV printers.

ironchef

Wish I would have seen this a month ago. Just bought an hp 570

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ericm

Wish I would have seen this a month ago. Just bought an hp 570

Trust me you'll love the 570 we run Ours 12 to 19 hours a day seven days a week And I love it
I would never go back to solvent ever again !!!!
I've been down that Mimaki train before I would never buy a first generation machine ..... there latex printer proved to be a huge mistake

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Trust me you'll love the 570 we run Ours 12 to 19 hours a day seven days a week And I love it
I would never go back to solvent ever again !!!!
I've been down that Mimaki train before I would never buy a first generation machine ..... there latex printer proved to be a huge mistake

I agree with you on the Mimaki latex. They didn't really think that one through. They have been hitting UV out of the park in my opinion. I haven't seen this model run yet but I have high hopes if it is anything like their other UV models.

ericm

I agree with you on the Mimaki latex. They didn't really think that one through. They have been hitting UV out of the park in my opinion. I haven't seen this model run yet but I have high hopes if it is anything like their other UV models.
We had the Mimaki JFX200-2513 biggiest POS that was the last straw buying mimaki i guess they can only get better..........lol
everybody is coming out with UV RESIN but ill wait till its tested a little more!

Catherineeee

It will be interesting to see if they can steal some latex sales from HP with this one as you can laminate right after printing, it doesn't require large power consuming heaters and the print heads are much more permanent than the HPs. If they get the price point right I can see it happening.

If by PH you mean print head, they are most likely using the Ricoh heads that they use in their other UV printers.
Hi.. yes, i meant printhead.. its true, they used ricoh heads, but i like to know if these new P&C printers of mimaki have the same heads as UJV55-320, since it is UV aswell.. been looking for the PH exact name..

ironchef

I see lol, now that we're talking new tech. What's the best overall flatbed printers? Mimaki, Roland? Or is there another one I haven't seen yet. Not ready for that but it's on my 5 year list of goals

Hi.. yes, i meant printhead.. its true, they used ricoh heads, but i like to know if these new P&C printers of mimaki have the same heads as UJV55-320, since it is UV aswell.. been looking for the PH exact name..

The UVJ55-320 uses the Ricoh Gen 5 print heads, I don't know what the UCJV300/160 use, but I would guess it's the Ricoh Gen. 5 - they are a common/great head for entry level UV Printers (we have them on a CET and they print great).