• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New model HP Latex printers for 2018?

DigiDude

Hi all, I'm new to the forum (and to digital printing also). I'm going to purchase an HP Latex printer (either the 365 or 560), but before I do can someone tell me when HP historically has announced new latex printer models in the past? Do they typically announce new models in the spring, summer, fall? Or, is this something that is totally random with HP?

Thanks,
Jason

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

AF

The new ones come out right after the current ones go on fire sale and all the reps are tight lipped about any replacement around the corner.

DigiDude

The new ones come out right after the current ones go on fire sale and all the reps are tight lipped about any replacement around the corner.
Is the current "winter promotion" on the current HP models considered a fire sale before replacements are announced, or does HP run a similar promotion from time to time? Trying to avoid getting burned or having any regrets because I didn't wait a little longer.

DigiDude

Typically it is at ISA but it's also every 3 years before major replacements you are a year out unless you are looking for the higher end production machines
I may pull the trigger on one before March 31, if this is the pattern. Thanks for the info.

particleman

I'm in the same boat. The 365 is a nice machine but is a minor revision of 360 and seems like it would be close to phasing out.

CanuckSigns

Don't worry about having the latest and greatest, every time I've sprung for brand new released equipment it's been full of bugs and kinks that the manufacturer expects you to R&D for them on your dime

dale911

President
Current specials aren’t the fire sale deals. Last release was 5/16 so we have another year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigben

I can't wait to see it! Been a lot of talk over the years and now it's finally happening.

So a new model will be announced soon? Good to know if so. I need to change my L260 for something faster and I don't fully trust the new canon colorado.

dale911

President
I heard today that it is suspected that HP is rolling out something new but it will be over $100k. Not sure what to expect this week from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk