• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NEW Mutoh 1324X

DirtyD

We just purchased a Mutoh 1324x from Fellers, and it should be arriving next week and install a week or 2 after that :(. It will be running alongside our old Roland Soljet Pro 2 745ex.

I am a Roland user and never used a Mutoh before, I have used Mimakis and HP but never Mutoh.

Is there anything that I should expect that is just completely different, I was reading that I need to calibrate every media thickness by measuring lines and selecting the appropriate wave pattern.. Sounds like a PITA..

Is there anything that I should have the installation Tech show me that I might not think about until it's too late. I will be using Flexi Full version for the rip.

Thanks

C

ColoPrinthead

The print feed adjust is not hard and just takes a little bit of time and media. I think you will like the machine.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
As a Mutoh dealer, Fellers is required to setup your machine which includes the alignments. The only alignments you should need to learn are the user side alignments and the installer should teach you that.

Make sure the tech shows you the maintenance procedures and sets up the auto cleanings. In my opinion, if the tech sets the auto cleanings to anything lower than 8 hours on a new machine, they are trying to get more ink sales. I tend to set new machines to 12 hours. Also make sure they set the default cleanings to economy.

Fellers is a big dealer so I have no doubt they will set you up correctly. Mutoh is very strict about their dealers setting up machines properly.

Mutohs are very easy to use and since it's a printer only without a cutter, it's even easier than your Roland.