• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New PC and Monitor

iceon

I had a new pc built and new monitor installed. Now on screen and when I print to my latex 310 the greens and blues print dark in color. No matter what ICC profile is chosen. Except HP Permanent Adhesive back profile my blues are purplish. Is there a way to get my monitor and printer on the same page together? Or any help with this issue is greatly appreciated. I'm dumb when it come to printing. Just being honest. Thanks

Virtually no monitor displays accurate color without calibrating and profiling. A device called a Colorimeter is a cost-effective tool for this. XRite makes several, including the ColorMunki and i1 DisplayPro:
i1Display Pro Monitor Calibration Device | X-Rite
The colorimeter will help you to be able to trust the color that is coming off the monitor. It does nothing to effect the printer. For that, the place to start would be the HP Media Solutions Locator - here is a link:
PrintOS – Media Locator

There are literally hundreds of media presets for the Latex 300 Series printers. Pull down the preset (OMS file) for the media product that you are running. You can search by brand, application, sub-type, etc. Once you have the file, install it to the printer via the Embedded Web Server browser interface.The other way to do this is directly from the printer's front panel.

Once the media is resident on the printer's hard drive, physically load the media, and when the printer is in ready state, run a Color Calibration for the loaded media: Settings Icon > Image Quality Maintenance > Color Calibration > Calibrate. This procedure takes about 12 minutes. Once it is complete, you will have done what is needed to get great color from your Latex 310 printer.

iceon

I understand the profile process and the color calibration. My IT guy last night said the color difference seems to appear when my Flexi subscription switched to Flexi12. Does this make any sense?

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
Flexi has a soft proof option that renders the colors on-screen that you might try.

It's this little guy here:

upload_2018-1-18_8-29-26.png

I would recommend having some graphics open to see the color change when you turn on and off soft proof.

Depending on the color values that are in your file and your selected monitor profile, you may or may not see a change.

Oroscoe

There are monitors out there that are capable of being calibrated but and off the shelf type is not it. The same image looks different on each monitor. We run into this all the time. Print on your printer that should give you an indication of where you are in the color spectrum. From there produce a 10% version of your job and make corrections. I checked into a calibrated monitor\some time ago and it was in the $1000 range. I don't think so.

Pippin Decals

I had a new pc built and new monitor installed. Now on screen and when I print to my latex 310 the greens and blues print dark in color. No matter what ICC profile is chosen. Except HP Permanent Adhesive back profile my blues are purplish. Is there a way to get my monitor and printer on the same page together? Or any help with this issue is greatly appreciated. I'm dumb when it come to printing. Just being honest. Thanks

I use a monitor and printer calibrator called a spyder5 studio. What i see is what is printed accurately.. Datacolor Spyder5STUDIO

They have basic calibration kits as well.. I just went with the best and im glad i did..I do photography as well.