• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new refillable cartridges... Trapped air question.

Ben Kinsella

hi I've just switched to new refillable ink cartridges. However obviously as the ink is used the space needs to be replaced with air? how does the air enter to stop a vacuum being created? each day I'm currently taking out the stopper and 're fitting it.... Surely there should be a little hole in the top?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170615-141800.png
    Screenshot_20170615-141800.png
    817.4 KB · Views: 172

Mysticalvibes

We had a similar system previously and were told not to tighten the plugs just to let them sit loose in the holes.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Whoever sold this new system to you..... didn't they show you how, give you written instructions or just tell you where to find it on utube ??

Sounds like, not so good a business deal on your part.​

Ben Kinsella

I got the cartridges on sign in China... no instructions. I simply asked about the air escaping sir not a credible business move etc?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Oh, my mistake, my kind sir. I thought I gave you some good ideas, but if you're buying your crap from 1/2 way around the world in China and they don't give you any instructions or you can't call the person where you bought it, then I guess you'll just hafta simmer a little bit. Sorry to have ruffled your feathers. Guess you're really in a pickle there ya ol' bloke.

Ben Kinsella

That's correct I had no instructions and they are from the other side of the world. Hence why I posted on a forum for some advise.

bilge

That's correct I had no instructions and they are from the other side of the world. Hence why I posted on a forum for some advise.

You just leave the small holes open. That is a breather. When you need to remove the cartridge, then both holes should be closed.

bilge

you're welcome. In addition, the cartridge has two sections, small and big. Small part is a indicator. You don't need to top up everyday. Ink in the small section stands still, while ink in the big section drops according to usage. When ink in the big section is not visible, then fill it up. If ink is not visible on both section means it is near end i.e reached down to 2cm. You should keep 2-3 spare cartridges or even set of 8 handy. I think it should be 10 bucks per cartridge. Also change it every year. Sometimes it leaks through the rubber plug. One plus of these cartridges you'd be able to see how ink system acts. After a cleaning cycle, all channels' ink level should be down at same rate. If not og-oh.

jeffdpia

Digital Print Orchestrator
you're welcome. In addition, the cartridge has two sections, small and big. Small part is a indicator. You don't need to top up everyday. Ink in the small section stands still, while ink in the big section drops according to usage. When ink in the big section is not visible, then fill it up. If ink is not visible on both section means it is near end i.e reached down to 2cm. You should keep 2-3 spare cartridges or even set of 8 handy. I think it should be 10 bucks per cartridge. Also change it every year. Sometimes it leaks through the rubber plug. One plus of these cartridges you'd be able to see how ink system acts. After a cleaning cycle, all channels' ink level should be down at same rate. If not og-oh.
You can also buy these little "air filters" instead of leaving the plugs loose or off to prevent dirt from landing in your ink.
Amazon.com: 6 PCS Air Filter for Continuous Ink Supply System CISS CIS: Office Products