• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New router build CRP4848 4x4 Kit

luehrslogistics

Hi all,

I thought I'd post my work in progress - a 4 x 4 router using a kit from CNC Router Parts. For budget reasons I went with the 4 x 4, but built the table so I can upgrade it easily to a 4 x 8 later. The kits include almost everything you need, save for the base, a router or spindle, PC and software. I went with a wooden base constructed of 2x4s and 4x4s with integrated shelving for full 4x8 sheets. For the router I'm using a Hitachi M12VC with the plan of upgrading to a spindle down the road.

luehrslogistics

Table constructed and bondo'ed up to make her pretty.

Attachments

• unpainted1.jpg
    unpainted1.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 238
  • unpainted2.jpg
    unpainted2.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 244

luehrslogistics

My invoice from CNC Router Parts was $3800 which included the router kit, cable track kit, the router mount, all the electronics and shipping. The wood, hardware and paint for the base cost me $200, the Hitachi 2 1/4hp router was $119 from Amazon. I had an old Windows XP pc with a parallel port sitting around, and the Mach3 software to talk to the electronics runs $175. Depending on what CAD/CAM software one chooses from there you can begin producing salable work for about $5k. I will be adding dust collection and likely a vacuum hold down, but first things first.

SebastienL

That's interesting!

I've always wondered what one of these homemade rig can do; speed,rigidity and precision wise.

For sure, I'll be following this thread.
:popcorn:

Techman

alll that plus about a year of learning curve.. You will become a machinist and learn a a whole new world and vocabulary.