• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Shop Tables

kalvix

So we just acquired 3 sheets of glass that are 60 x 103" that are 3/4" thick. I'm trying to remember a discussion a while ago about table tops with glass or table mounting surfaces with glass.

We were talking about turning these into tables. I remember the Chinese company that kept trying to sell their RollsRoller table and they were using about a 3/4 in glass table top. i didn't know if there was domestic plans for a flat bed roller but with these it would be ideas to create a table or table mounting with these.

Any thoughts on how to turn these into a monting table system?

thanks,

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
We have had a glass top production table for years. It works great but dulls blades super fast. We bought a yellow tools clear mat for it a few years ago after we got cutting rulers. One or two cuts and the blade was trashed.

We bought a Roll-X table that we use mainly now but still use the other table for overflow.

2B

Glass dulls blades to quickly .to be used as a production surface.

you can use that as your base and then add a cutting mat or another sacrifice surface.
we have found that PVC sheets are a great sacrifice surface, typically we use a 12mm or thicker surface and "shave-it" to keep it smooth.
then turn it over when there is too much damage.