• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Sign for Shop/Garage

galerdude

Just wanted to share a photo of my sign I'm hoping to get hung this weekend when the time changes. I need to re-paint the garage gable first and it's still freezing nights :banghead:.

It's 2x6 redwood, designed in flexi, dxf'd into V-Carve Pro, on into Mach3 and then carved on my Joe's 4x4 R&P Hybrid. Was a fun project :wink:.

Attachments

• Redwood Sundial 031.jpg
    Redwood Sundial 031.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 125

mrchips

WOW, very detailed!!!!

Love the sundial connection with your biz name......cool!

Couple of questions if you don't mind......what size is it and why did you have the laminates going across the sign instead of up and down? Will this beauty hang or be attached to a post?

Thanks, and once again, NICE sign.

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

Jillbeans

I really dig the sundial idea.
Welcome from PA, where you see a lot of those on the sides of barns, but only using dowel rods.
Love...Jill

SD&F

That is very intricate. Do you work mostly with redwood? We used to use redwood regularly and then switched to mostly HUD/Cedar. Do you have trouble getting the redwood? Just curious....Thanx

galerdude

Wow, I'm overwhelmed by the extremely warm welcome and all the positive comments.
Thank You all very much! I'm very appreciative!

Mr. Chips wrote: Couple of questions if you don't mind......what size is it and why did you have the laminates going across the sign instead of up and down? Will this beauty hang or be attached to a post?

-Size - 39"h x 31"w x 1.5"d
-Horizontal laminate - Good question. I guess I've always pretty much designed and fabbed my blanks in that configuration. Also, being the cheap ol' codger that I am, the blank was 32" wide and I was able to get 3 boards per 8 footer which allowed less waste.
-Installation - The plan is to mount it on the vertical of the south facing gable of my garage. I am one lot away from a busy north/south artery with pretty good visibility, so it should get some notice.

On a side note: I had my own 1 man sign shop from 3-86 to 12-01. The "911" disaster put me in a bad way economically so took the opportunity to go to work for a large sign shop and worked there til 7-11. I am now retired and work out of my garage in order to stay active in sign crafting which I thoroughly enjoy. I am really excited about being a part of the "101" community and being able to stay in touch with all the creativity that goes on here.
Thanks again all, for the warm welcome!
Gale