• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New switch cannot find the Versacamm

inthesignbiz

Versacamm SP540V is on the network using a router.
The router went south and I replaced it with a switch.
Now, I cannot connect to the printer. Old IP is invalid.

What's the fix?

Tyler Durden

Check all or your ip's. I have mine all sequential. Check cables, reset switch, buy a new switch. I got the 8port TP link from amazon and the thing just plugs in and goes.
Maybe check your ip setting are correct in your software.

FrankW

Be shure to set both printer and computer IP's in the same IP-Subnet (first three numbers the same). Specially after replacing routers, it often happens that the routers DHCP-Server sets the PC to another Subnet dynamically while the printers IP is mostly fixed and so stay in the old subnet.

AF

I will add to the above that you should not use DHCP and instead write down each machine and assign it a fixed unique IP address. Then manually set each machine to its assigned address. This will permanently eliminate future IP address conflicts.

But your problem may be that you are using the wrong type of cable i.e. crossover vs. regular. Some switches have auto switching ports that deal with wrong cable types and adjust for speed and duplex. If your switch is basic, you may need to set your printer to the correct speed and duplex supported by the switch.

If the above doesn't help, it is possible that you your switch has a firewall that is blocking the port(s) your printer uses. If so, you would need to unblock the port(s) by logging in to the switch from a web browser.