• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Thread Issue

CanuckSigns

When I visit the main page of the site, there is a small number of threads at the bottom which I assume are organized by order of most recently posted in? Under that there are buttons to take you to the next page of threads, but the buttons don't do anything, they just reload the current page with the same 10 threads.

I've tried ony phone using the Chrome browser, as well as on Chrome on desktop.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
Hi Bmhdg1976 ... We've since changed the homepage news section, removing the page navigation and replacing it with infinite scroll functionality. So there is no longer any navigation for viewing the news posts. Previously though - the news post navigation was only for the news articles. I did not effect the actual new forum posts listing.

As for searching all recent posts and new unread posts - I'm specifically referring to the following:

NAVIGATING THE HOMEPAGE NEW FORUM POSTS SECTION :
(Accessing recent posts, recent activity stream & unread forum posts...)

To alleviate any misunderstanding about the navigation functionality, we've placed THREE buttons at the bottom of the actual "New Forum Posts" homepage block:

signs101-posts-navigation-png.126947

1. All Recent Forum Posts... Produces a list of ALL RECENT forum posts, with the exception of posts that you've already read.
  2. Recent Activity Stream... Produces a Facebook wall-like list of ALL RECENT FORUM activity. Media posts, profile posts, thread replies, post likes, avatar changes and a myriad of other recent activity will appear in the activity stream.
  3. New Unread Forum Posts... Produces a list of ALL NEW & UNREAD forum posts. The number to the right-side is the actual number of unread posts.

It should also be noted that all links are easily accessible via the main "Home" & "Forums" navigation link dropdowns and/or sub-navigation menu:

signs101-homenavigation-png.126948

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
Thanks!

J.