Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to flatbed

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Lotza, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Lotza

Lotza New Member

Jul 31, 2014
    I am looking to print directly to 4 x 8 sheets of corrugated plastic. I need some help with what printer I should choose for this application. I also need a diecutter to be able to cut out the images that I print on the corrugated plastic. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

2. w2csa

w2csa Active Member

Mar 15, 2008
    Canandaigua. NY
    There are several flatbed printers on the market but I'm not aware of any that can cut correlated plastic.
    Are you wanting to cut a rectangle or contour cut a shape?
    A cnc router should be able to do the job.

3. ChrisN

ChrisN Member

Mar 6, 2014
    Denver, PA
    We cut 4mm corrugated plastic with our Kongsberg iXL24 cutter, both contour-cut and rectangular. It makes nice, clean cuts; and has very little deflection when cutting across the flute walls even when the cut is nearly parallel to the flute. The cuts are way nicer than from our CNC, which we were using until our recent purchase of the cutter.

4. synergy_jim

synergy_jim Very Active Member

post #1 and you want a signshop in a box..... I guessing this is spam....

5. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    How much money do you have to invest? That's going to determine what you will be able to buy.

6. Robert M

Robert M Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2007
    colorado
    Mimaki JFX 200 UV Flatbed Video

Cx out the Mimaki web site for more info on their new 4x8 flatbed. We have one and it is doing a nice job on Coro