Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New (to me) Roland PC-12

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Scott Sturek, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Scott Sturek

Scott Sturek New Member

Jun 17, 2007
    I picked up this PC-12 at a great price (300) and it works great but I can't get it to cut with Coreldraw x3. What the heck am I doing wrong?

Tags:
  2. mark-s

mark-s Active Member

May 11, 2005
    SoCal
    Did you go to the Roland site and download the drivers?

mark-s

3. dswanson

dswanson Member

Mar 16, 2007
    with that boat anchor I mean plotter/printer, you need to assign a color in your palette that you use as your contour cut color. it is a very common step that people over looked with this machine.

4. Scott Sturek

Scott Sturek New Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Dswanson, I have already tried assigning a color to cut with it didn't work. Tried lines also, no luck. Will it just not do it since I am using USB?

5. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    You need to have a VECTOR line for the cutter to cut.............

Your probley trying to print a bitmap image and for it to contour cut it out you have to place a vector outline around the image.................

6. dswanson

dswanson Member

Mar 16, 2007
    i can talk you through this on the phone much easier than typing, pm sent

7. Scott Sturek

Scott Sturek New Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Thanks for the imput Dustin, I have been doing vector lines still with no luck.

8. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Set your CutContour color in the spot color palette. Export the file with the hairline CutContour as an EPS setting bitmaps to RGB color.