• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help New to this arena

alisatc

Looking for someone to make corrugated plastic die cut signs for a yard card or lawn greeting business. Please see the attached picture, need something like this but a lot of it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 277

alisatc

Ideally, I would have a large inventory of different colors, shapes and sizes to be able to rent out for any occasion/celebration that was requested.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
There's a company locally doing exactly this and it appears to be either a franchise or a licensee. They've done a lot of special events, school graduations, birthday parties, graduations, etc. Looks like they have an inventory of letters and shapes but no ability to do special shapes or designs. I wasn't able to get close enough to see the thickness of the substrate but I don't think it would have been 3mm Coro. Maybe 6mm. Didn't appear to be 10mm.

Edit: Found the one that is "local" here in Nashville. It's a franchise. It would be interesting to know what the cost of the franchise is and how long the Franchise Agreement lasts.
https://www.cardmyyard.com/

SignosaurusRex

Many suppliers of plastic products now offer CNC cutting of shapes to order. You will have to check around your market area.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Yea there is a franchise renting these things out.. I know someone is doing it in our town.

Had a friend want me to make something like this, but they could get it from the franchise place for the same amount as my cost was to order them.

Must be something to it... I occasionally... and I mean seldom see one pop up in our neighborhood. Impressive though when they do!

decalman

Welcome to The Forum. Thank you for sharing that artwork.

I'm sure there's some kind of market for this.
I would never allow attention like that to be bestowed upon my lad. I think this kind of flattery does more harm than good.

Don't mean to be going so deep with this.
I just see so many spoiled children out there. Makes me sad, you know.

visual800

find a designger to replicate these images and then find a printer that will cut and print shapes like this. Best to find someone local to you

Gino

Premium Subscriber
alisa.... it looks like you're in the wrong place to set up business. Texas is overrun by those places. I've seen them in my area for the last 12 or 15 years. Even had calls to supply these things, but no one ever wanted to pay for them. Never thought it was a franchise, just some mom with extra money and nothing to do.

alisatc

There's a company locally doing exactly this and it appears to be either a franchise or a licensee. They've done a lot of special events, school graduations, birthday parties, graduations, etc. Looks like they have an inventory of letters and shapes but no ability to do special shapes or designs. I wasn't able to get close enough to see the thickness of the substrate but I don't think it would have been 3mm Coro. Maybe 6mm. Didn't appear to be 10mm.

Edit: Found the one that is "local" here in Nashville. It's a franchise. It would be interesting to know what the cost of the franchise is and how long the Franchise Agreement lasts.
I checked into this company. They sell you a "starter kit" for $5k and will not tell you who their vendor is for the making of the letters. Which is why I am trying to find my own vendor.

bannertime

There are two methods for producing these letters. First of which, is cut vinyl applied to corrugated plastic. There is a franchise down in south Texas that makes them this way, or did a few years ago. The second and probably most popular way is direct print and CNC cut. If you want to be competitive, you'll need to find someone that can do both of those for you in-house.

We make the vinyl graphics for a local vendor when she can't get them fast enough from south Texas. Sometimes if they're like a school logo or if she's doing commercial projects, we'll do those too. We mount to coro and she'll finish the cut out by hand.

There is a particular company with fast turn around that can do contour cut sheets of coro, but you have to know how to design and setup the artwork. If you're not able to find someone with a flatbed and router, then you can probably find someone that can be the middle man there.

Andy D

Just wondering, if you're planning to reuse, what would be the policy if some kids destroyed or stole your signs out of their yard?
Also, for longevity & making them harder to destroy and/or steal I think I would use thick polystyrene with heavy duty mounts adhered to the back
and zip tied to heavy-duty posts...

7aaeccc4-6b2c-4ca5-b259-b743b6c814a2.jpg

GroundGrabba-Pro-II-Heavy-duty-drill-driven-in-screw-hex-pegs-peggy-peg-in-screw-in-tent-beach-sand-stake-ground-anchor-tarps-shade-structures-canopy.jpg