• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New To White Ink, Question

Bigcat_hunter

Ok so I am going to be printing on clear media. My files start in illustrator and usually end up in a photoshop file before I print with Flexi 12. I would like to add a feathered white edge to my design in photoshop and have that be the under print. How do I set up a spot color(white) to be under printed with a feathered edge? Right now it only under prints white where there is color in the design leaving spaces that should be white clear. The only spot color work I have done was for screen printing many moons ago with another program.

Bigcat_hunter

I'm not completely familiar with that work flow but it may be difficult to achieve with a spot color (white).

What kind of printer are you using?

I know with Corel/versaworks/roland work flow we can print white gradients, but no feathered edges. You may have to live with a gradient/blend that follows your vector path, meaning final output would be from illustrator.

I may be wrong though.

I am running a Mutoh 426uf Flatbed UV printer. I know most people don't print raster files but it's just way easier for the kind of designing I do.

Bigcat_hunter

Well I figured out how to make a fade with a white background. I'm sure it's not the correct way but it works. I make a selection of the image, new layer, fill with white, use the "dither" option with the paint brush and add a dithered edge. Looks kind more like splatter than fade on the screen but prints wonderfully.