• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Guy New to Wraps and have questions about training and window perf installation

ADuke

Hello,

The company I work for is small and I am relatively new here. The previous company I worked for did not do vehicle wraps but I did sometimes apply cut vinyl graphics to vehicles. My "New" company provides wraps and since I am the only employee I have had no one to train or teach me the tricks of the trade. Everything I have done so far has been on the job learning and googling a lot of things. I was wondering if there are any good places to find free training resources such as videos, books, good utube videos, etc. that would help someone like me out.

Also, I seem to have the most trouble working with door handles and rear perforated window graphics.

I had a rear window that was curved so when applying the graphics, the text that was printed on it curved with the glass instead of laying down and reading straight. I was also working around a windshield whipper (that I could not remove) and a windshield sprayer nozzle. Are there any installation or design tips for keeping printed text and graphics straight on a curved glass and how to best work around those obstacles?

Thank you so much!

edspecR

invest in a class, you can get a free roll out of it! :p
you gotta be soft with perf film, it'll malign easily. are you hinging? maybe go line by line?
tbh, i get that curve going on front windshield banners too...

juan.runnells

Production Manager Wide Format
Unless the designer accounts for it, you will get the curve in perf they need to account for the curvature by arcing the design into a smile.

Definitely take either the 3m or a avery basic course.. It may seem expensive to your employer, but not anymore so than a bundle of film and lam that you will waste learning.

And yes wrap institute has great videos, an asset, but not a substitute for hands on training.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk