• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New vinyl cutter suggestions?

vinylvillain

Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.

I am a shamed owner of a Master Cutter XY 380 P and I am almost in a position to purchase another entry level plotter. My main concern is NOT speed, but accuracey. and I need something in the $800-$1300 ($1450 max) range. I have only been doing this for 2 years, but i know there is soooo much out there, so I'm a little overwhelmed. Any suggestions or mini-reviews or links are greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

OldPaint

look on ebay like techman says....look for ROLANDS that are PNC-xxxxx or CM-300,400 OR CX 300,400. these are ROLAND CAMM PROFESSIONAL models. CM/CX-24 is ROLANDS entry level cheapo, new i thinks the go for $1500-1800.00. other advantage to a roland........they have drivers for cutting direct from COREL.

SolitaryT

I've worked with Roland, GraphTec, Mimaki, and Gerber cutters, and I have to say the Gerbers are the weak link. I like Mimaki's because I can cut stuff right out of Illustrator. However, all of this being said, even the old, crappy Gerber I worked with was a money maker. When you're starting out, a cutter is going to pay your bills. If you can find just about anything that has a good history, go for it. Like a used car, you're looking for something that's not going to suck all your money into repairs and parts. Ask questions about service history, and you should be okay no matter what machine you get into.\

SameDay Signs

In my opinion new star omegas are the best entry level $1200 for a 24" plotter available. Tracking is flawless an the way they are built is second to none. Southeast sign supply carries them but there not hugely known because they are mainly used in Europe/uk. I have one that is around 12 years old and it runs circles around any roland or graphtec I've ever used or had

artofacks1

Sorry to ho jack the post. However, it is relevant to my situation. Talking a good cutter that will compliment the gerber edge fx printer.

Mainly used to cut 20mm convex decal material.

I was going to go Gerber but reading this post looks like I should go with another cutter. Are the ones recommend good for what I need it for ?

vinylvillain

Thank you SO MUCH everyone.. I have a lot of investigating to do now. lol.. I will take all of this and run with it.

thank you also to Fred for moving my thread.. #noobproblems lol...