• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Website & Shameless Self Promotion

AzGene

Hello all, I have been a merchant member here for 2 years now and have done business with a handful of members all of which have been very happy with my work. Even got a couple of vendor shout outs. But I know there is more business to be had here if only I had the opportunity to get your business. Invariably whenever someone posts asking for an ADA source most recommend Scott, Accent or others. Good sources all, I never knock the competition. However when was the last time you looked at an alternative? Are you leaving money on the table? Just give me a shot at your ADA and engraving business. I won't promise what I can't deliver and I know my prices and service are unmatched .

Now that said I have finally launched my new website. It's still a bit rough around the edges but it's a heck of a lot better than my old site. Please take a look and tell me what you think. And be brutal if you feel the need, I have an alligator hide. Thank you all for your time.

Gene

S'N'S

On the ADA page you have ... No minimum order and we no not charge a set-up fee.
Don't particularly like the narrow writing column, only seems to have about 4 words per line.

AzGene

On the ADA page you have ... No minimum order and we no not charge a set-up fee.
Don't particularly like the narrow writing column, only seems to have about 4 words per line.
Good find Error, it is now corrected. Thank you. As to the narrow column I wanted to give as much room as prudent to the images. I believe in the old adage "a picture is worth a 1000 words".

qmr55

Good find Error, it is now corrected. Thank you. As to the narrow column I wanted to give as much room as prudent to the images. I believe in the old adage "a picture is worth a 1000 words".

I think you could lay the page out in a way to focus on the image while still having a normal text width.

qmr55

Well with the size of text your using, which in my opinion is too large, I would use at least 500-600px wide text boxes. Using the width you're using I would go to a smaller size text. The way you have it set up is hard to flow while reading because you have to keep going down to the next line.

No disrespect meant, just giving some feedback!

TheSnowman

Gene, you guys are simply the best...website or not...I send any wholesale company looking for engraving to you, and I will not even look elsewhere for an engraving vendor. If you were looking for "lots of wholesale work" I would say if you had something on your website where we could just upload a file w/ our information, it may make it easier for the people on the board to do business with you.

I know it's a mega investment to have a website setup like that, but from a customer perspective, it'd be nice to just upload a file w/ my order specs to the website and know you've got it all. I'm not sure what that'd look like as far as how you offer color choices, sizes, etc...but that'd be the ultimate.

Either way, you guys are the best, and are a vital part of my business. You are appreciated as one of my wholesalers.

Well with the size of text your using, which in my opinion is too large, I would use at least 500-600px wide text boxes. Using the width you're using I would go to a smaller size text. The way you have it set up is hard to flow while reading because you have to keep going down to the next line.

:goodpost:

Website is just like a sign. If it isn't laid our correctly or in a pleasing manner. Your viewers will automatically be turned off. Plus it almost gives it a cheesy feel.

On the other hand I have made a note of your services and will give you a ring next time I'm in need of some engraving.

2B

Gene, you guys are simply the best...website or not...I send any wholesale company looking for engraving to you, and I will not even look elsewhere for an engraving vendor. If you were looking for "lots of wholesale work" I would say if you had something on your website where we could just upload a file w/ our information, it may make it easier for the people on the board to do business with you.

I know it's a mega investment to have a website setup like that, but from a customer perspective, it'd be nice to just upload a file w/ my order specs to the website and know you've got it all. I'm not sure what that'd look like as far as how you offer color choices, sizes, etc...but that'd be the ultimate.

Either way, you guys are the best, and are a vital part of my business. You are appreciated as one of my wholesalers.

Not really a big investment, sendthisfile.com has several prices and easy to integrate into a website.

then there is dropbox, filezilla yousendit and setting up a FTP server

weaselboogie

on firefox. When I mouse over your menu, they highlight and looks like they're ready to hyperlink, but when I move back they are not hyperlinked.

Change that... When I'm going from side to side, they are unclickable, but when I approach from the bottom, they're ok.

J Hill Designs

on firefox. When I mouse over your menu, they highlight and looks like they're ready to hyperlink, but when I move back they are not hyperlinked.

Change that... When I'm going from side to side, they are unclickable, but when I approach from the bottom, they're ok.

same here - chrome...

AzGene

No disrespect assumed, I appreciate your candid opinion and it has some merit now that I look at the site from your perspective. Something I will work on as time permits. Thank you.

cmwyke

I'm gonna have to knock on the background color. That teal screams 90's. I personally would go with a white or soft gray if you want it a different color from the main portion of the page

AzGene

Well I spent $150.00 for expression web. The rest of the investment was time. The last 8 weekends were 3 steps forward and 2 steps back working on this site. Just hate paying someone else to do something I can do (eventually). As to the uploading, an email attachment works just fine. Thanks for your business Kraig!

AzGene

Yeah, noticed that too. They worked fine until I put the form in. Looks like another 2 step back situation. Thanks, and thanks for the chrome heads up.

AzGene

I'm gonna have to knock on the background color. That teal screams 90's. I personally would go with a white or soft gray if you want it a different color from the main portion of the page

Agreed, it is now soft gray. Thanks for the input.

Scott Reynolds

Ya, Firefox has the first two links working fine, but the "signage" to "color options" only work on the edge of the box.

What size monitor are you using?!? 15"??? There is 5" of grey on BOTH sides of the body on my monitor. Thats like 10" of wasted space. Looks like the layout is 10-12 years old, back when everyone was using 15-17" monitors. Make it wider and there will more room for your text. Im just not digging the yellow/gray/dk blue.

Alligator skin, that's funny.

AzGene

Ya, Firefox has the first two links working fine, but the "signage" to "color options" only work on the edge of the box.

What size monitor are you using?!? 15"??? There is 5" of grey on BOTH sides of the body on my monitor. Thats like 10" of wasted space. Looks like the layout is 10-12 years old, back when everyone was using 15-17" monitors. Make it wider and there will more room for your text. Im just not digging the yellow/gray/dk blue.

Alligator skin, that's funny.

Well, wasn't too comfortable designing at 920 but that seems to be the recommended way nowadays to avert the dreaded horizontal scroll bar. Monitor size matters not too much as opposed to screen resolution. Thanks for taking a look.