• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Years Resolution???

mrugen

Ok, the new year is almost here. How will you KEEP your New Years resolution?

Here are four ways to get this discussion started. Add your own! (Oh, this ought to be good....
:beer)

1b13b1a.jpg
1. Make a Bet

It's easy to say things you "want to do," but when a bet is placed on your head for following through, this outside motivation can help you actually stick to the goals you set for yourself. For a workout challenge I had with my wife, my consequence for failing was to rollerblade in a pink thong in South Beach...Yes, a pink thong. I didn't fail.
Chris Brisson, Co-Founder, Call Loop
1f04701.jpg
2. Become Accountable

It can be hard to stick to a resolution if you go it alone, whether it's a business-focused goal or "hit the gym three times a week." So get your significant other or a friend to check in with you regularly. That way you'll combine your own motivation with not wanting to let someone else down, and will hopefully stick to that resolution throughout the year.
Grant Gordon, President and CEO, Solomon Consulting Group
222e2ba.jpg
3. Put It On Your Calendar

I keep my New Year's resolutions by thinking of them a little differently. Instead of a single yearly event, I decide to make consistent changes and put them on my calendar. For example, my 2006 New Year's resolution was to go to the gym at least four times per week. I put it on my calendar and I've been going to the gym for the past eight years. In fact, now I'm up to six times per week on average.

4. Use the Streaks App

2e2b94b.jpg

Streaks is an app that helps you create habits. For each of your resolutions, you can create a calendar that allows you to "check" each day that you do what you say you're going to do. The goal is to maintain a streak. For example, if you want to wake up by 6 a.m. you would check each day that you achieve that goal. The longer your streak, the more likely you are to maintain that resolution.