• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie 2nd try

I-Style

Hi everybody my Name is Frank and I live on Cyprus a small forgotten Island in Europe. We will get a Be3000 which is a modified JV1631. My problem is i have no real clue about UV Ink Printing.....

It would be nice to get some tips about which primer to use to print on what..
UV Lamp adjustment for different materials..
I know i ask a lot but please help !!

Thanx

Frank

GARY CULY

welcome Frank from maryland,USA...now one thing you need is a MANUAL. a printed book of your machine right there in front of you for reference each day....there are hundreds of things you should know about your new machine. i see no way you can be without one...all the knowledge you need cannot come from here in short questions every day. you need a salesman where your bying supplies from that knows YOUR machine and what materials you should use for that perticular model/make. get hooked up with one that you can freely call with questions ....you may be able to get a manual off e-bay? dunno ,seems everything is on there for sale

good luck
G.Culy

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK USA

There are many of your questions already answered on this forum. Use the search feature. It is much faster than asking questions that have been answered many times anyway.

UV protection will depend on the ink that you use and the UV rating on any laminate you apply. Water based inks must be laminated and edges sealed for outdoor use.

Billct2

Welcome!
I don't know your particular machine, but I know whayt has been invaluable with the printers I have, the technicians manual (not the owners manual) which I found as a download on ebay and a forum dedicated to the machine, both of which may also be available for your machine.

I-Style

Thanx for all your replies
I will get a manual with the machine.
The problem is that the manufacturer of the machine is not supplying primer.
I had to order the Mimaki primer thats the only one i know off from the local dealer here on the Island.
So my idea was to ask this question to get a basic idea about what is available and for what i would use it or get a dealer who i could ask for advice what to order.