• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie!! cant get sc540 to connect to pc

ptmaxx

Hello there!!, i bought a used sc540ex this weekend and i cant get it to connect to the PC. The PC came with the printer. At the place where i got it everything worked perfect. I forgot to look at how they had it connected to the pc but i called her and she said it wall all hooked up by ethernet to her own server. So what i have done is i have a network cable from my router to a switch. from the switch i have networking cables going to the PC and to the printer. I tried sending a image to the printer but nothing. I followed a video from roland and downloaded intercon but when i put in the ip and submask address i get a error saying printer server unavailable. anyone out there can help me please

Thanks

Ragnabrok

As far as i know, a switch cannot connect anything, but splits data from a router between 2 things. You'd have to connect both the PC and the printer to a router, or the switch to a router to get things to connect. The printer needs a static IP address that isn't currently being used, as well as the same subnet mask and gateway as the PC.

You can connect the printer directly to the PC, but would need a crossover cable, and have to assign a static IP address to the PC's LAN as well.

Ragnabrok

open a command window, and run ipconfig. It will list the current IP adress, subnet mask and default gateway of the PC. Using net-tool match the subnet and gateway of the PC to the printer, and the first 3 groups of the IP address. Use ping and the address in the command window to check if an address is open (ping 192.168.1.205 for example). and open address will either be unreachable, or have no response. Assign the address, and change it in the RIP software and all should be well.

player

^^^ What he said...

Have you tried turning off your antivirus and firewall? Could your router have a firewall?

There are 2 types of network cables. One for direct to PC, the other for indirect with router.

Try plugging the printer directly into your router. Plug something else into the switch to make room for it.

ptmaxx

Thanks everyone for the help. I was able to contact Roland today and they took me through step by step. Wow was it alot. Tool much to type in here but I saved the conversation so of anyone has the issue. PM me.

Just throwing it out there I paid 4000$ for this machine. What's your thoughts, too much or a deal?

millersigns123!

I know this is an old post - but any chance you still have the information Roland gave you?

Thanks everyone for the help. I was able to contact Roland today and they took me through step by step. Wow was it alot. Tool much to type in here but I saved the conversation so of anyone has the issue. PM me.

Just throwing it out there I paid 4000$ for this machine. What's your thoughts, too much or a deal?