• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie from Western PA

Jillbeans

Welcome from 10 miles away.
Do us all a favor and learn correct pricing, so that us local "veterans" don't seem like we're asking for the client's left testicle along with the price of the sign.
http://www.signcraft.com/sign-pricing.aspx
:)
From your username I am assuming that you do race cars?
Luckily I only have to do one of those a year (in Callery) because people here who are too cheap to go to Flinner generally end up just buying a plotter and doing it themselves.
It's a tuff world out there.
This is my 27th year in the trade and my worst year to date.
I started out as a painter but had to keep up with the times so I got a plotter in 1988.
I blame the economy, and also hacks who can't design or price but know how to stick a sticker.
Not saying that you are one, Lord I hope not. We could use a few good people out here to run the "signmakers" back to McDs or wherever they came from.
I do try to stay friends with a few other local companies, it's better that we stick together.
I had to get a "real" job last September, it's embarrassing as hell. But signs were deader than Janet Reno's girdle. I do signs before and after work. I've had my busiest July to date, but it doesn't make up for 11 months of sales under $1000.
Love....Jill

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
welcome from 10 miles away.
Do us all a favor and learn correct pricing, so that us local "veterans" don't seem like we're asking for the client's left testicle along with the price of the sign.
http://www.signcraft.com/sign-pricing.aspx
from your username i am assuming that you do race cars?
Luckily i only have to do one of those a year (in callery) because people here who are too cheap to go to flinner generally end up just buying a plotter and doing it themselves.
It's a tuff world out there.
This is my 27th year in the trade and my worst year to date.
I started out as a painter but had to keep up with the times so i got a plotter in 1988.
I blame the economy, and also hacks who can't design or price but know how to stick a sticker.
Not saying that you are one, lord i hope not. We could use a few good people out here to run the "signmakers" back to mcds or wherever they came from.
i do try to stay friends with a few other local companies, it's better that we stick together.
I had to get a "real" job last september, it's embarrassing as hell. But signs were deader than janet reno's girdle. I do signs before and after work. I've had my busiest july to date, but it doesn't make up for 11 months of sales under $1000.
Love....jill

+100